Eat my dust.....cough cough

wistech

Eat my dust.....cough cough

#1 Post by wistech »

So C27 sneaks a 468 kit into his moto and suckers me into going on a ride today. We ride for a couple hours ,burn a couple gallons of petrol . Then we get to a long straight like a half mile long and steve pulls over and gets me and iceracer 17 to join up in a drag race.
Well we go on 3 and he pulls ahead right away . Ice backs off right away(wise move) but I kept the hammer down on my poor bone stock moto. Steve gets about a fifty foot lead by the time Im in fifth and then as if like scene from a movie he hits a seriously silty spot on the road churning up a big mutha of a dust cloud . Then the wind as if on que spins it into a rolling cloud of doom right into where im going . Darn near blew me off the road. A couple of breaths of the devil dirt and I was choking and hacking for a few minutes. I could have swore I heard him cackling like the wicked witch as he reach terminal velocity.

Ya the 468 rocks.

Thanks Dave for letting me ride the predator for a while. Its a whole different animal .

MrSlithers

#2 Post by MrSlithers »

I want one now:D . How much hp are the 468's puttin out?

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

ROFL. that sneaky sneaky little man!

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i bet that got some stress out of him:)

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

LOL He was talking about being a big fan of the 450 and reving it to moon for power. Ill bet Timbo suggested stroking the crank and it took him a nano second to decide to go for it.
:deal:

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

So, now your calling C27 a "sleeper" huh?? C'mon steve, you can't pull anything over on your buddies. :drink:

iceracer17

#7 Post by iceracer17 »

I can't wait to get a little therapy done(to me now)and the dale,p.o.s. predator!j/k
Wistech you can ride that thing all you want.I'll take the moto again.wink.gif

bombsquad54

#8 Post by bombsquad54 »

funny thing is why does my predator dust the two cannondales and 90% of the 450's around here? must be magic. ice, what do you have done to it?

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

bomb its not even in the same league.I actually thought the predator was kind of dangerous.Nice suspension and then bam rear end gets kicked all over.New shocks and pipe should do it good though.Had a blast and got some hard hours on it.Still need to do some mapping.
Stroker actually makes it easier to ride.Still revs to the moon but I found myself short shifting alot or just leaving it in fourth or fifth and lugging it out of corners.Would think for harescrambles it would be great never stall it.Here is pic of Iceracer on the predator.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

I was surprized by the powerband of the predator. No low end power,weak midrange but excelent top end. Not much good for trail riding. I guess it could be remapped right....... I guess Im spoiled by the dales lugabilty.