front shocks help me guys

lilchampro1

front shocks help me guys

#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

ok guys my bud wants to buy fronts shock 19'' elka long travel but he dont have the money for compresssion adjustment or anything such i told hi mto just go with the standard long travel with rider height adjustmen t and preload, they are ,much cheaper and i think just as good just cant totally twike them like if you had cans and adjustment whats ur guys opionons anyone runs with out the adjustment on a dale ????

CptHook

#2 Post by CptHook »

They have a new triple rate recreational shock that is really affordable. All of Elkas shocks are comp and rebound adjustable so you arent really going to be able to avoid that, but these recreational are supposedly the best bang for your buck if you arent doing heavy racing. Although Im not sure if they make them long travel or not, so you will have to call and find out on that. Your best bet is to call them up and tell them what you need, and depending on who you are talking to (sometimes you will just get a guy who regardless of your riding style or what you tell him, he will tell you that need the elite series) they will help you work out what you need for a shock. You can contact them by either (450)655-4855 or 1-800-557-0552.

Another alternative would be to go with TCS suspension, Doug and other members of this forum use these and are very happy with them. These are considerably cheaper than Elkas with from what I hear, **** near comparable performance. TCS is what I will be purchasing myself once I get all this motor work out of the way. If you call Doug and can actually get him on the phone he should be able to give you some information on the TCS shocks.

Hope that helps.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

how come your friend doesn't just buy your other set of Ohlins?

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

another option is Lt recreational series shocks from elka and add the comp bottles later.

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

:confused: *taps jacob's shoulder and points to cpthook's post*

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

yes I see that but you were talking about the triple rate rec. series the LT rec. series are quadruple rate. Those are the ones i am talking about.smile.gif

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

Well my point was that he should go with the rec series, I didnt know that they had an LT quad rate. So now that you've thoroughly stolen my spotlight Im just going to go hurl myself off a cliff, and Im taking Derno with me, I hope you're happy. :cry:

jacobw

#8 Post by jacobw »

I wasnt trying to steal your spolight I was trying to help some since he ws wanting LT you can get them in the rec series. Sorry man!biggrin.gif