Broken collarbone

BM426Racer

Broken collarbone

#1 Post by BM426Racer »

Hey how long does a broken collarbone take to heel? This think is really whippin my butt and i wanna ride bad. It happened about 4 weeks ago i think its staying together but it still hurts like ****. Anybody got anything on this? :cry: :drink:

banzairx7

#2 Post by banzairx7 »

Mine took all of 8 weeks and even then it was tender for a good 2 more months. I have broken my leg twice and my ankle and none of them hurt as bad as my collarbone. I feel your pain.

quadprorider

#3 Post by quadprorider »

I'm 2 weeks into my broken collar bone. The doc said 10 weeks and I MIGHT be able to ride again. I am thinking of getting it plated..... Has anyone else had this done? Thanks in advance, Nick.

Brad77

#4 Post by Brad77 »

Mine took about eight weeks. Even after then I took it easy for another four weeks cause I really didn't want it to come loose again. That was about 4 years ago. I remember it hurt pretty bad. Although I busted my knee up real bad in a motorcycle accident about two years before the collar bone incident and that hurt too. I hate wrecks.:mad:

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Mine took 8 weeks but the shattered bones took about 3 years to wear down to where they didnt swell when the muscles rubbed them . If I had to do it again I would pin it.

BM426Racer

#6 Post by BM426Racer »

went to orthopedic surgen 2 weeks ago, said he wouldnt pin it. Mine broke as i barrel rolled my dale around a sweep like 5th gear taped. It was not a pleasant feeling. mine broke from the impact of my shoulder blade to the ground, push one side down and back and the other side out and forward. suprised me as when i took my jersey off the only spot of dirt was where my shoulder blade hit the ground. my buddy said let it heal then give it another month or 2. if thats the case im pretty much done for this year, as i only got to ride twice.

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

When I broke mine it was fine in 4 weeks...

Sandstorm

#8 Post by Sandstorm »

I've broken both,left and right, not at once though.. Both broke in different spots. At 4 weeks the pain should be going away and at 6 weeks the pain should be gone. The first 14 days is the worst. If you have a hard time getting up out of bed because of the sharp pain sleep in a reclining chair. You can use your feet to push on the footrest to help you get upright.. You should be riding in 8 weeks at the most.. I got nerve damage in my shoulder on one of the breaks. It was bad at first and slowly went away after 2yrs.. It only hurt when I tried to throw a baseball or football.. My cast comes off my broken wrist in 5 days.. Quad and motorcylces =Broken bones...

BM426Racer

#9 Post by BM426Racer »

Just went for a little ride after washing the quad. Not even close to being able to ride. I never slept in a recliner, slept on the couch the first night and in my bed since. Yeah the first 5 hours were really tough, after that i perscribed myself plenty of Bud Light and it was good. Pain is almost gone now but i can feel mine push and pull if i bump into something. O well :drink: it is

lil jbr

#10 Post by lil jbr »

i got beat up by the whoops when i broke mine, im not to sure how long it took to heal but i have a cool lump in my shoulder