Houser Tric Trac a arms

jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Has anyone seen these yet? They look pretty cool. I found this link at quadzone.com.

http://www.houser-racing.com/www.houser-ra...om/trictrac.htm

RonDK

#2 Post by RonDK »

Looks like those bushings would wear out pretty quickly and if they did, I would be afraid of the arm slamming back and forth. Thats a pretty good idea though. I also wonder how that zerk works...they took it off in the pic because it would hit off the mounts?

hnnblehscnnble

#3 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

its actually a really cool design on straights where your flying it makes it so the steering isnt as twitchy.the bushings dont wear out they have extensive testing on them.if hadnt spent all my money on full walsh stuff i would be begging jeff to make these for me.and if you already have the slicast arms all you have to buy are the tops arms.saweet!

coke469m7

#4 Post by coke469m7 »

Just wondering if a person could even get a set of these for a cannondale, didnt houser
stop producing arms for cannondales.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

THey did yes. But, I bet they could be convinced to do something.

wanablaze

#6 Post by wanablaze »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm weary of the constantly changing caster. Wouldn't steering effort and wheelbase change? I would think it would be like riding with a sloppy front end.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Oops never saw the new bushings!Want to investigate these Wannablaze?For right price I am in.Plan on doing a A-arm writeup after dealer show.See what our choices are since I am in market anyhow.

Seems kind of backward to me.I know TT coming in wfo to a corner under full braking last thing I would want is less caster.It can cause a high speed wobble in the corner which is scary!Other places like xc or sx it would be nice.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

The design definitely brings up some good questions. I'm just glad to see someone thinking outside the box on these things. Whether it works well or not, they're trying new designs.

wanablaze

#9 Post by wanablaze »

Good point, Jess.

I do not believe that most atv riders bother to set caster. Would you set castor on these arms somewhere in the middle of the travel? And what happens when you have one wheel going up and the other down? Especially out of a corner. The thrust angle would be way off. Bumpsteer?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

You know looking at design it might even be possible to have it react opposite what they are touting by flipping everything.Got to admit that design is very ingenious.Most would be amazed at what caster changes handling wise.Agree with Jesshammer it sure is cool to see all the new things happening for us in last five years or so.