Project FX469

CannondaleRider

Project FX469

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

I've had my 2001 FX400 #430 for about a year or so now. In that time, not much has happened. ALOT of plans have been made, a few little parts have been bought, but nothing serious. That is slowly changing, and I think the time is coming for us to get the ball rolling. Plans are for this to be my 2006 WORCS Production A and Open A Race Bike(Instead of Production B sad.gif )

There are quite a few big plans for it:
HDC Ultimate 468 Race Motor
Houser/Walsh/Elka Elite Suspension(EDIT: Changed)
LOTS of powdercoating(EDIT: Changed)
Every update possible
Among little things(relocated fuel pump, stainless lines, etc.)

I'm going to go through the whole story of whats happened.smile.gif

-----------------------------------
About a year ago I got the FX400 through a business deal my parents had with my brother-in-law, krash. When I got it, the motor was quite a bit apart, the subframe was off(and pretty tweaked), the lower left subframe mount was broken, And it generally looked hopeless. I cleaned it up a little, and put the subframe on with some zipties(for it to look better in the pics):
(low quality pics)

This will be like the usual project thread, i'll just continue as I progress:usa

CannondaleRider

#2 Post by CannondaleRider »

It sat like this, waiting for many parts and such for quite a long time. The only things I did were things that I didn't need money or parts to do(Fuel pump relocation planning, a little cleaning, etc.) I was gettin pretty jealous seeing the two other beautiful Dales beside it.
[img]http://tinypic.com/5p1jpi[/img]

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

After awhile, azcannon, krash, and I decided to get my bike together on borrowed parts, so I could actually ride. After borrowing many parts(Motor, Pipe, LT Front End, Rear tires & Rims, Handlebars, among many misc. small stuff) We got it together, and I was so happy that I was going to have something to ride.

We had some very small problems when we got it running, and I chose not to run the motor because it wasn't mine, so we dropped the motor and it was back to sitting again.

CannondaleRider

#4 Post by CannondaleRider »

After some debating, and some thoughts on the powdercoating, and some thoughts on worn out bushings and such, I decided to do a COMPLETE teardown and rebuilt, so in the last week i've been tearing it down.

These are the pictures I have, as of a couple days ago. It is now completely apart and i'm going to start cleaning tomorrow

as you can see in this next pic, there is another Cannondale front end sticking out at the right of the pic, that is krash's other moto(EDIT: My sisters recent project), that will begin being torn down, as soon as my parts are out of the way.

As you can see, We dont have the best place to do these projects, but hopefully we will have our shop up by the time they are going back together

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

I will be getting A LOT of parts powdercoated in the next few weeks(EDIT: again, changed), including some motor parts, when that is done, i should be ready to send my motor off.

I will get some more pics tomorrow.

P.S. This whole project thing has made me think, is there any updates on the CannondaleRiders.com Project Bike. Haydug?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

This should be really cool!Cant wait for more updates.

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

Goodluck on the project, should be sweet when your done!

Cdale_racer_669

#8 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

goodluck, mine is a constant project. its gonna look sweet when i finally get it together, just wait:head: i like the red when its all shiny!!! mine is faded to a pinkish lol and i hate it, but shiny red looks good! good luck, yur cdale shuld kick butt when its finished.

CannondaleRider

#9 Post by CannondaleRider »

(Change of plans again, but I'll leave this so people don't get confused)

Well.........im tired of waiting, and the delays are killing me. So with a conversation with krash, some talk on some parts i could use, and talk on motorwork......there is a big change in plans.

I was planning on getting this bike all ready and setup to run WORCS Production B, next season. Well, looking at times, and thinking. I don't know if I could place REALLY well in that class, but other then Open classes, it is the only class I could run, and being this would be my first racing season on a sport bike, i was getting a little worried.

So now my plans have changed. I'm going to see about Haydug building my motor with my Falicon crank, a stock piston, kibblewhites, stage 8, and aluminum impeller. I'm going to buy a Moto rear axle and Moto A-Arms, i'm also going to buy some LT Ohlins. I'm going to sway away from the powdercoating for now to keep the stock look(After everthing from clamps to calipers is COMPLETELY torn down :mad: ). I'm going to use my red plastic, with ATK graphics. Also with little stuff like Blackwidow AC Nerfs, Flexx bars, HMF Exhaust, etc.

This bike will now be run in WORCS Stock A or B as a ATK 450MX for next season and possibly the one after that. The advantages are; me not entering a class above my level, me not jumping into some power and suspension i don't need fully yet(although it would be nice:) ), and i have more of a chance of it being ready by next season, and i'll get to RIDE!!!.

So it looks like some parts will be touched up with the old rattlecan(maybe powdercoating, being that black is so cheap to have done), some parts will be ordered, and the bike will possibly begin to go back together soon. Maybe i can see about sending my motor off soon also.:usa

I change my plans more then JMaN05 .....just kidding JMaN, :eek:

I hope to have more updates soon

(EDIT: A lot of this is changed, more details below)

CannondaleRider

#10 Post by CannondaleRider »

Kind of an update!

I sent the motor off today.

I've bought some Moto a-arms, along with getting ahold of a few other parts(:usa), and i'm going to be buying more parts here shortly.

I'll probably clean the inside of the spars really well and get a few little things(grease and such) tomorrow.

Back together it goes:deal: