Ahhh crap...help..

twisted

Ahhh crap...help..

#1 Post by twisted »

Hey guys, first problem...

Here's how it started, well had a race awhile ago, got back everything was fine except dead battery, anyway got it charged and everything was fine again. Then it was only 14 tank of gas left so I filled it up.

Next day, big puddle of gas under the quad, turns out the fuel hose is kinda leaking I think. So I took it off and pushed it farther on the fuel filter and put on the clamps back on, it worked well. (didnt leak.. but I didnt ride it yet).

So I decide to go out for a ride with the GF, just putting around some trails, everything went good for about 1 hour, then started cutting out and dieng, so I let it sit and then 10 mins later, started right up, lasted 5 mins then died again, so I had to head home riding 5 minutes then waiting for 5 minutes, I looked at it and the fuel filter was bubbling and the motor was really hot.

Finnaly got home took off the plastic, looked around and it looked as though some gas leaked some the tank (the lil inlet valve thing) . My filter was a little dirty too. whats doing this???

61austin

#2 Post by 61austin »

I am not an expert on this but make sure none of the lines kinked, or running over something hot that could cause it to vapor lock. Also make sure the fittings are connected good and there is a good return flow.

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

i had the same thing happen. check the hose connections and make sure there are no kinks in the hose. make sure you have heat sleeve on the hose near the engine.

krash

#4 Post by krash »

Change your fuel filter, if it looks a even little dirty. I had a fuel filter start plugging up while I was out riding. It would spit and sputter, and if I gave it gas it would die, so I had to basically idale all the way home.

twisted

#5 Post by twisted »

Where can I get a fuel filter?

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

blackwidow has them in stock ready to ship out!biggrin.gif

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

Cool I want to order the airfilters, and the fuel filters, anything else I should get before I order?

jacobw

#8 Post by jacobw »

no-toil air filter cleaner kit you need this if you dont have one! Some oil filters if you are running low on them too he has all that stuff:)

JeffQuadShop

#9 Post by JeffQuadShop »

So does TheQuadShop!

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Sounds like it could have been overheating. The computer won't let it start above 240*, and the 5 mins running, 5 mins cooling off could have been from overheating.

Check your coolant, and bleed it.