What would it take for people to stick with Cannondale / ATK?

cdalerider75

What would it take for people to stick with Cannondale / ATK?

#1 Post by cdalerider75 »

You know I can't understand why people dump or part out their dale. I mean, think about it... you could purchase a tricked out cdale for around 5K or perhaps less. But people dump the dale sometimes to purchase a bone stock YFZ450 or Honda.. don't they understand that it will cost more in the end?

I was talking to someone the other night regarding how big and popular the Honda 250R still is, and as far as I know Honda doesn't make them anymore. Now how come people still stick with the 250R's?

I have never owned another quad and the only other thing that I owned was a dirtbike WAY back in the day, so I don't know allot regarding the market.

What do you think I would take to get more people to stick with the cdale / ATK?

Any thoughts?

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

I am sticking with mine I am either gonna buy another dale for mx or somthing setup for mx. My brother is gonna get a GG I think I am gonna prob get some part and convert mine into a mxxer XC races are so far and beat you up real good all the time. I love my cannondale would never part with it but would prob buy other brands still I like anything with 4 wheels that goes and I can play on.biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Its all about serviceability. 90% of people don't know how things work and need a local shop to deal with. Most local shops don't have the sense to work on these things. Thats it in a nutshell.

Haz-Matt

#4 Post by Haz-Matt »

I'am going to sick with my two dales. Maybe in the future buy something else and still have the dales. :usa :head:

cdalerider75

#5 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Its all about serviceability.  90% of people don't know how things work and need a local shop to deal with.  Most local shops don't have the sense to work on these things. Thats it in a nutshell.

OK... perhaps one thing that we can do is expand serviceability..

Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of people to contact... I am sure that we have someone in each state that knows the in's and out's to the dale.

I know that this great website is here, with lots and lots of info but some people don't even know how to turn a wrench.. how in the world would they know how to explain what is wrong with their dale or know what to search for.

So far #1 sounds like SERVICEABILITY!!

ok what's #2

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Still won't do it Chris. Most atv riders don't know nuttin and are LAZY!! they don't want to drive a few hours a couple of times to get their quad running right. There is nothing we can do to keep these things popular other than education. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how people WON"T do the updates becuase they don't ride enough. Well, the same people end up throwing fits because their crank locked up.

Next thing you know they are going on a rampage and bad mouthing the dales they once loved. We are going to run out of NEW parts so all the broken ones are going to end up being parted out and sold real cheap.

I don't mean to be a downer but just being realistic. You are in a little niche of the quad world. Won't ever be all that popular again but it will always get looks when you ride in public. I don't know how many people come up during races or just when out riding and want to see the Dale. Last race I missed practice because of people talking to me.

cdalerider75

#7 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
You are in a little niche of the quad world.

I just wonder what Mr. Frank White's.. (I think that is his name) plan is. He has, from what I know allot of money, time and effort tied up into his investment. How come, we the Cannondale / ATK public (basicly keeping his butt going with all this free info) doesn't know what his plans are? How come you don't see him posting more often... (I know that he is a busy guy so I don't expect him to post all the time just some times).

Some info from Frank that I would like to see is how many NEW ATK's are being sold? Or is there any money being invested into getting more parts made (well parst that they might be running out of).

A couple weeks ago I was talking to this kid.. he was telling me that at the GNCC races, he was seeing more and more ATK's and ATK marketing (banners and stuff like that). So I guess that was good news..

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

I hate to say it but Happyboy's completely correct. I know multiple riders who say they'd like to have one but they won't bc/ either they can't work on a quad for their life or don't want to travel 4+hrs to buy one.

I tried talking my local dealers into carrying them and all I got from them was no b/c they didn't want to mess w/or learn how to work the fuel injection systems or anything. The funny part is the new EFI Raptor is on order to be on their floor. rolleyes.gif

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

Thats funny I guess they will be working on EFI afterall. LOL! I am gonna setup my cannondale for mx with some new RXM longtravel arms and TCS watchout earlywines here i come!!! I am also gonna have timbo rework my crank and get a new high comp wiseco stock piston. Hmf pipe and do some mx:head:

cdalerider75

#10 Post by cdalerider75 »

Speaking on keeping things alive, who is behind

ATKRIDERS.COM ?