Automatic 550lb. MXer!

jwheat

Automatic 550lb. MXer!

#1 Post by jwheat »

Since my Cannondale is down at the moment for a rebuild, I had to pull out my backup! KFX700! I've jumped this bike in the dunes before, but i've never had it on a track. It's a whole different experience jumping a 550lb. bike over a 65 ft tabletop or a 20-25 ft double. Imagine jumping a Dale with an extra 200 lbs. on it. All I can say is it's got plenty of power for the jumps, but you don't want to come up short! :no: Overall, it did pretty good. Krmit took it around the track a few times, also, and he had no problem at all with the jumps. Personally.....I NEED to get my Dale back together!:hammer:

Blazinmoto

#2 Post by Blazinmoto »

I feel your pain, at least you got a back quad.

Happyboy

Re: Automatic 550lb. MXer!

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by jwheat
Imagine jumping a Dale with an extra 200 lbs. on it.  

I don't know about 200lbs but I can definately say 100lbs!! **** I am fat.

jwheat

Re: Re: Automatic 550lb. MXer!

#4 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Happyboy
I don't know about 200lbs but I can definately say 100lbs!!  **** I am fat.

I'm not talking about rider weight.....the quad is 200 lbs. heavier than my Dale!

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

Actually 3 of my buddies I ride with ride kfx700s, I convinced them at the beginning of this summer to come to the track because they were all hardcore trail riders and said they would never bother would the track because it would get boring too quick. Now they are in love and go like once or twice a week, have invested in pro-series elkas which they also said they would never do, and tear it up. These guys amaze everyone that comes to watch the track when they are launching these 600lb machines and hanging with the new 450s that are out on the track as well. They are a badass machine for sure.

jwheat

#6 Post by jwheat »

I think that I'm gonna have to invest in some new shocks for mine cause I'm still running the stock shocks.

Killer_Shee

#7 Post by Killer_Shee »

My "other" quad is a KFX700. I was real skeptical of them when they came out, but all it took was one ride on one and I had to have it. The Banshee went out the door and the KFX came in. When my KFX is decked out for the dunes with the light weight Skat-Traks on her, she weighs in at 506 lbs with fuel and oil in her. Just changing the wheel/tire combo can shave pounds real quick, those stock Holeshots weigh a ton! I've done quite a bit of work to mine, and it is quicker than my bone-stock 'Dale. I'm hoping that changes after my HMF shows up and I get a D&M kit to put a different map in her. Here's a photo of my beast!