Rebuild question

c41xracer

Rebuild question

#1 Post by c41xracer »

what parts would it take to make a Dale more worry free?Stock Dale and what mods, motor included.The reason im asking is now i am starting to gather parts for a rebuild caus i pulled the tranny filter and it had aluminum and steel shavings in it so the motor is definatly getting worked over.

TraumaRN

#2 Post by TraumaRN »

The only part I would add would be Doug. Or one of the other fine builders associated with the site that have experience doing this. But that's just me, I wouldn't have the time or patience to do it myself.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

how many times has this been brought up? Maybe try the search button?

61austin

#4 Post by 61austin »

If you have shavings in your tranny filter check your clutch.
The old style clutch fiber plates are too thin which causes the ears to bend and eventually the plates will break and eat the clutch hub.

c41xracer

#5 Post by c41xracer »

Originally posted by Happyboy
how many times has this been brought up?  Maybe try the search button?

good point ill try that one

c41xracer

#6 Post by c41xracer »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TraumaRN
[B]The only part I would add would be Doug. Or one of the other fine builders associated with the site that have experience doing this.

Sorry but i wont let someone else do my motor work.If i can build a blower motor for a drag car im sure i can do a quad motor

cannondale440

#7 Post by cannondale440 »

Shavings are normal to see on the tranny filter. I dont know if both aluminum and steal are normal. Just throwin this out there because it hasnt been said yet.

TraumaRN

#8 Post by TraumaRN »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by c41xracer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TraumaRN
[B]The only part I would add would be Doug. Or one of the other fine builders associated with the site that have experience doing this.

Sorry but i wont let someone else do my motor work.If i can build a blower motor for a drag car im sure i can do a quad motor
[/QUOTE]

By all means, do what you can do. You asked , I answered. I didn't imply that you couldn't, only that I wouldn't.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

when u have steel shavings in the ENGINE oil filter, thast when u gotta worry. shavings in the tranny is fine....steel im not sure, i dont even know what kind of metal is usually in the tranny lol. but hey, it never hurts to pull the engine and mod it and make it reliable!! then u dont have to worry about it going on ya, and u got more power, and personally i think its fun to tear the engine apart:) and since u build drag engines....itd prob be fun for u too:usa i say if u got the money tear it down and mod it and make it reliable too.

c41xracer

#10 Post by c41xracer »

money is the issue right now