This is prob a stupid question but...

Cdale_racer_669

This is prob a stupid question but...

#1 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

K guys, i wanna try a 180 on a quad. like hit a jump and land backwards. i found a small jump i feel comfortable trying it on, so here is my question, i need some inspiration to try this so im asking all my friends to pledge 5$ if i pull it off or something. so i thought id bring it to this site to see if anyone would pledge money or something, even 5$ for the **** of it, if i pull this off. ill get vid of it and let u all see of course:) i dont keep up on these things, but i havent seen it done yet.....biggrin.gif

TraumaRN

#2 Post by TraumaRN »

not sure thats such a good idea... what if you land and tap the rear brake. those $5 will be going to your new found bills!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Have you done it on a bicycle?Or a XR into a foam pit?Thats how the pros learn a backflip.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

first off... when you land the wheels will be rotating the wrong way. i'm sure you know that if you stop the rotation of the wheels in the air, it causes the front end to drop. and second... it's gonna take a whole lot of strength to get a quad to rotate 180 degrees.

so now you have to find a big enough jump to get the quad to 180, but not too big or you won't make it, all the while stopping wheel rotation in the air, making sure the bike is level in the air, using all your strength to try to get it around, getting the bike at approx the same angle as the landing ramp, and having a death grip on the bars so you don't get ripped off when(if) you land.rolleyes.gif

ask jfarrar, i'm sure this has happened to him, but i doubt it was on purpose...:drink:

cdalerider75

#5 Post by cdalerider75 »

Man not worth to try.. we need you around.. let the pro's do this stuff

gnccblaze440

#6 Post by gnccblaze440 »

start paying up, my friend is already doing it on his quad. i was watching him on his track...and comes over to me and says "watch this" i see him hit the jump and holy **** 180 on his raptor...he has a broken wrist now...he said me might try it to get it on camera

Craig_C

#7 Post by Craig_C »

not a bad way to try and get people to send you money!

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

I would send money, but that would be like encouraging someone to hurt themselves, so I think Im going to have to say no on this one.

cdalerider75

#9 Post by cdalerider75 »

Sounds like a scam... this thread should be deleted!! One not-smart idea apple of the bunch will spoil the whole bunch...

gnccblaze440

#10 Post by gnccblaze440 »

he is already hurting.... and he don't need money to do it again, he's just crazy :head: