new polaris

cdrookie

#11 Post by cdrookie »

finally! what's been talked about for the last 17+ years...a sport quad with IRS. i think it's gonna open alot of eyes, maybe not on the national level, but it'll be hot with the locals. i'd take one!

cdalepilot

#12 Post by cdalepilot »

too bad they couldn't have made it about 75 lbs lighter.

JeffQuadShop

#13 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by cdrookie
finally! what's been talked about for the last 17+ years...a sport quad with IRS. i think it's gonna open alot of eyes, maybe not on the national level, but it'll be hot with the locals. i'd take one!
Once its perfected, I guarntee it will be competive at the national level.

Dale512

#14 Post by Dale512 »

I hope to see Matt Smiley on this thing after the summer break, I bet it's gonna open some eyes. No more worries about rocks, ruts, and the such, no need to worry about bending your sprocket or rear brake rotor. This won't be the hot ticket for MX, but it's gonna be awesome in GNCC type racing. I think this thing is gonna get a V-Force type following going on to.

JeffQuadShop

#15 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The biggest advantage I see is not getting beat up so bad by not having the solid rear end. You will be able to go much faster in the rough sections.

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

^^^^^^^^^ what he said

<-------- what he said also

GDITheman

#17 Post by GDITheman »

i already have big dreams of making a mean desert racer. i'll wait to see how the whole irs system shakes out before i commit to anything though. i do need to ride one asap just to try it.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

There was a guy from Canada I think who used to race a Suzuki 250r with I.R.S. in stadium races he did real well.Everyone is talking about it being tippy but if you think about it you could actually lean the whole quad like you would a bike rather than having to lean off like you have to now.Might be better handling.Sure am looking forward to trying one.Either way it sure is cool last few years actually seeing new stuff rather than the old B.N.G's Here is a link to the guy who I saw with IRS.

http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection...ortZone/irs.cfm

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

That suzuki looks pretty good. Maybe its because its all covered up by the number plate. The pooplaris looks pretty ugly. I hope it turns out to be a success though. It is a pretty good idea. Jeff, you don't happen to have any pics of the infamous 250r w/ IRS do you?

JeffQuadShop

#20 Post by JeffQuadShop »

No but he has a website, try doing a google search.