Two cannondales in production?

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Well the front master cylinder and throttle are same as ours on the steel one also.So they must be able to source the parts since Cannondale never made those.Still cant confirm the A-arms.The linkage for rear suspension of that thing is scary though.I hope its just proto.

http://www.dinliglobal.com/02product/04_ga...2&fid=10&pid=30

Frame has the biggest steel tubing I have ever seen on a quad.

Sandstorm

#12 Post by Sandstorm »

Originally posted by ******
Could ATK be thinking like thier mini's and go with a Dinli with ATK stickers??:eek:

Sand why so sore at ATK? You have been bashing them bad lately.

According to thier websites pics, Dinli's Speed looks alot like our quads engine and frame could they actually be redoing the dream we all have and keep these things alive?

Could THEY be reading what we post and use our fixes OH GOD THAT WOULD BE UNBELIEVEABLE and WRONG!!:confused: rolleyes.gif

PM sent

MX Quad Dad

#13 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by Sandstorm
Dinli is gonna leave ATK in the dust. ATK isn't gonna do squat w/ the machines. They are running out of unsold units and most people aren't rebuilding them when ATK gives them a quote.. ATK doesn't own any tooling equipment of any kind.

I do not know Frank White nor have I ever met him. But from the people on this and the other Dale site I get the feeling he is an honest man. With that said, I was lead to believe that as parts ran out, they were going to have more made. Since most of the respected members on this site lead me to believe he is an honest man, I will wait to see what he has to offer.

Honda would not admitt the 450R was being developed until a few months before its release. Suzuki just released a tidbit of info on the Z450 and I will bet it will be released before 06.

One thing for sure I hope you (Sandstorm) are wrong. If not I will not buy an ATK product ever, unless someone can convince me I am wrong on what I feel I was lead to believe.

Sandstorm

#14 Post by Sandstorm »

If ATK has an aluminum valve cover for 06 this is not what I call advancing the product.. How about some porting changes, throttle body sizes, or Z400 bearing or some different cam grinds, something at least instead of a valve cover for petes sake.. I like ATK, but I have lost faith...biggrin.gif One of the things they changed was the maps. There is nothing wrong w/ the Maps C-Dale made.. Dinli can bend and weld metal in large chunks. They can plug in new specs to a computer to spit out a new part of a different size. They can develop products, they may suck, but at least they can.. They have an assembly line just like the big four do.. ATK has none of this... Sad,,,, very sad,,,,, but true.. I bet ATK sold less then 100 machines last year and most were leftover unsold units on dealer floors..

DangerRanger

#15 Post by DangerRanger »

ATK did exactly what they set out to do, and nothing more. Buy parts, assemble/sell what they could for a profit, and move on to the next "project". They never even had a quad, just a rebuilt cannondale...nothing more, nothing less.

Dinli is making some strides towards sport market, with some "take offs" from where Cannondale was, and using some of their ideas. I think they are gonna make some waves down the road...future...as they look to enter competition with the big 4.

You can take it too the bank...there will NEVER be another cannondale copy made.

Enjoy what you got, we own/owned the first "old ferrari" of ATVs...they will always be around, even in someones garage to be discovered a long time from now, by someone who will make her scream once again.

Time to stop looking for a saviour...and enjoy riding

Sand_Blaster

#16 Post by Sand_Blaster »

That was scares me about purchasing one of these bikes, is that their will be no parts for these things.

So untill somone makes all the important parts I will still not buy one.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by Sand_Blaster
That was scares me about purchasing one of these bikes, is that their will be no parts for these things.

So untill somone makes all the important parts I will still not buy one.

I dont know if you have been following along much but WE are making the all important parts.
We the owners are doing exactly what many have though ATK should have been doing .

There have been a lot of guys who have stepped up and made deals to get parts that have run out and improved items . There may not be dozens of choices like you have with the high production machines but at least everything to keep a Cannondale or ATK running is out there.
The only part ive ever had trouble finding was decompression wieghts and guess what ,there here now to. That "no parts "rumor has been floating around ever since the bankruptcy and has never materialized.
The only parts that I can think of that might be an issue in the next 5 years might be the cyllinder heads and cases. But if the supply runs short repairing all the original ones will be more common.

Rx440

#18 Post by Rx440 »

Originally posted by DangerRanger

Enjoy what you got, we own/owned the first "old ferrari" of ATVs...they will always be around, even in someones garage to be discovered a long time from now, by someone who will make her scream once again.

Time to stop looking for a saviour...and enjoy riding

Well said! I stopped worrying a long time ago about what part I might break or what part might he hard to find. Like wistech said. the community has stepped up to support these machines with parts and technical knowledge. It would be a shame not to ride and enjoy them the way they were meant to be ridden!

DangerRanger

#19 Post by DangerRanger »

BOB!!!!

Hows my ole dale running? so far on my original 2 dales(2 seperate owners)...I am 2 for 2 still hauling a$$...is ole Betsy making it 3 for 3?smile.gif smile.gif

Maybe I need to build up a few more if so...I have a winning record @ something.....

BMW:drink:

cdalerider75

#20 Post by cdalerider75 »