Cross Training?????

jesshamner

Cross Training????? Warning: Graphic!!!

#1 Post by jesshamner »

I heard that riding a bicycle is a good way to train for xc. So my girlfriend and I have been riding quite a bit lately. We ride our mountain bikes around the city or on campus which is located atop the highest point in Western Kentucky. This provides a good workout and is also a lot of fun. Since I am a thrillseeker I can't just ride. I started hitting some jumps and riding down huge flights of steps. A couple nights ago we decide to deviate from our usual local trip and just ride for a while. We planned a trip around the main arteries of Bowling Green. This basically encompasses the entire city...or what is important anyway. After about halfway we stopped to take a rest and get a snack at Sonic. Real healthy right? LOL. Well it started to get cold so we decided to hurry back to the apartment. We were in our top gears and really pushing it. We came to an intersection that we had to cross. I didn't want to slow down by going the long way around the sidewalk ramp so I decided I would just hop the curb like I usually do anyway. I was having fun going fast so I kept up the speed. I hopped the curb and when I landed, my front wheel missed the edge of the sidewalk. My bike went left and I went straight with nothing to land on but the sidewalk. I tried to catch myself but I was going too fast. My foot didn't stop me, my hand didn't stop me, my shoulder didn't stop me, and my face didn't stop me. When I rolled over, I knew I was hurt. My head was buring and my leg didn't feel comfortable. Not to mention that I just went down on one of the busiest roads in town. I was pretty embarrassed. I rolled over more to look at my leg. It wasn't looking good but on the bright side, I didn't break any bones. My leg, shoulder, face, and left hand are skinned up pretty bad. Road rash is not cool. 3 days later and it is still hurting pretty bad. I have pics of the aftermath taken the day after. Enjoy!

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

my shoulder and hand

Craig_C

#3 Post by Craig_C »

OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I love hardcore street riding!!

jfarrar

#4 Post by jfarrar »

poor baby.....lol.that sucks bro.i hit a curb on my street bike at about 90 and went face first into the sidewalk then proceeded to do a few cartwheels.no heolmet either.but i can say that road rash sucks worse than anything i have encounterd

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Jason,
The difference is on you the face plant actually helped improve your looks.

tongue.gif tongue.gif

j/k bro, sorry couldn't resist.

KYmxracer52

#6 Post by KYmxracer52 »

That looks like it burns!!

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

It does! It hurts so bad. Every time I walk I have to loosen it up. My shirt is constantly putting pressure on my shoulder. I hate to wear shorts out in public with a bandage on my leg so I have been wearing jeans. They rub every now and then. I also have to wear jeans at work and stand up all day. It isn't pleasant to say the least. It may not be as bad as putting a street bike down but it definitely hurts.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Learning???? I'm not going to go the slow way until I'm so old that I have to. I've done it a million times. I have even had some slip ups but I was simply going too fast to catch myself this time. I didn't make it all the way to the sidewalk so I guess next time I need to go faster. biggrin.gif

I only yell "Watch this" right after I say "Hold my beer and..." No beer this time. Just water in the backpack that time.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

:cry:

jfarrar

#10 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by kdeal
Jason,
The difference is on you the face plant actually helped improve your looks.

tongue.gif tongue.gif

j/k bro, sorry couldn't resist.

well i did have plastic surgery but the butthead put things back pretty close to the way they were.lol the worst part was when the surgeon came in i was in and out and all i remember is him wearing a flannel shirt and looked like a farmer.lmao.

actually jess that looks just as bad as most of the rash i had except for my hands wich got it the worst.when it scabs up and cracks open all the time is when it really sucks.