Urrggh

twisted

Urrggh

#1 Post by twisted »

Im so mad, going on a month because of a imperller leak.

So today figured I'd try again ebfore the gaskets come in so i re tighten allt he bolts put some gasket sealer and I fill it up with water (tired of wastign evans) and its just leaking out of everywhere, top right bolt, all around gaskets and valve cover, its so depressing, why is it doing this!?sad.gif

madd....

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

TAKE SOME PICS!!

Better yet..just give me a call.
Sean 501-730-1047

twisted

#3 Post by twisted »

Does anyone have msn messenger? I could send pics much easier that way.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

twisted

#5 Post by twisted »

Added you

cdalerider75

#6 Post by cdalerider75 »

Don't you AIM AOL?

I know what is wrong... you didn't take a stright edge to line up the head and valve cover..... check the manual!!

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
Don't you AIM AOL?

I know what is wrong... you didn't take a stright edge to line up the head and valve cover..... check the manual!!

What do you mean, looks perfectly flat to the naked eye.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
Don't you AIM AOL?

ROFL....yeah, with all the corrosion on the covers I have seen this works real well. tongue.gif

cdalerider75

#9 Post by cdalerider75 »

Twisted please read your other post...

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...&threadid=13055

I stated what you should do, BTW its in the manual... also take photos.. read my post and notice all the photos that I post.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

If you are changing the cover while motor still in the quad, with the sidecover on, you have be sure that the valvecover is squeezed tight against sidecover before tightening the downward bolts, by clamping it over or wedging from right side, until you verify a nice flush surface for the impeller cover seal. With the sidecover on, it would be easy to get the valvecover skewed too far to the right, if not very careful, and you could even leak both sides. Hopefully your next try with new seals will do the trick. Good luck, let us know.
ps. Happy mentioned I sold you the mag cover -- If I remember, that is the repaired PC black one I got back from Wistech, and seal surfaces and repair appeared just fine -- it should be OK, though a "small" bead of graybond silicone along the seal is often used.

OOPS, I just now read the other thread, and much of this is repetitive.... anyway, I won't bother to edit. Good luck!.