Any Musicians?

jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Are those VicFirth's?

CptHook

#2 Post by CptHook »

Zildjian 3A's :head: I usually swear by vic firths but Ive been trying these out for a while and really like them.

Which reminds me, in a quest to keep myself occupied whilst having no quad I bought a new drum kit today, sooooo sweet.....biggrin.gif

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I use Vic Firth's myself. I love them. Good balance, not too expensive, and seem to last a while. Anyway, I guessed Vic Firth b/c those look like my first pair of sticks way back when I started playing in middle school. They were issued to me. LOL. I think i still have them and the sleeve somewhere. They lasted forever. What kind of kit did you pick up?

cdalerider75

#4 Post by cdalerider75 »

Speaking of drums... I also play.. will have to post a pic of my set... black pearl exports... picked up the set used for 300$ but have some nice toys to go with the set... Iron cobra double (which I don't use the double part).... Neil P. ride (that cost an arm and leg)... evens skins all around (dual layer with oil between)... For me it is either ridding or playing the drums..

I just bought a house so no more apt for me, will be able to play almost any time...

BTW.... what is a good DVD regarding drumming?

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

Mapex Orion 5 p.c. smile.gif Ill get a pic of it when I get a chance. Got an awesome deal on it.

DVDs: Are you talking about DVDs with good drumming stuff? Or drumming only DVDs? If you like Rush (I assume since you have a neil pert ride and I myself love rush) get Rush in Rio DVD, excellent concert, great dvd, crazy 13 minute neil pert solo.

Then for drumming only there is this guy who I discovered recently. If you like progressive rock/metal with crazy time signatures and alot of syncopation (kind of like dream theatre but better), you'll love this guy, and he is insane on the double bass, well he is an insane drummer in general. I picked up his DVD and its pretty awesome.

http://www.bobbyjarzombek.com/layout.html

There go to media and check out one of those spastic ink videos hes sick.

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/bobbyjarzom...mbekschool.html

Thats his newer stuff, more metal-ish but it really shows off his double bass skills. This is from hid DVD. This guy rocks :head:

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Neil Pert actually puts out a good DVD. He has other drummers playing too. The guy from Dave Matthews is on there also. It was pretty cool to watch. I think its sort of like an instructional video but shows examples....really good examples.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Wow, a lot of drummers here. Add another to the mix but I have a basic pos kit from Souhegan. I had a set of Pearl's before them though and I prefer the Sou's actually in sound. I use Wuhan cymbals mixed w/a few ZXT's and one Camber. (I picked them up over time.) Working on turning it into a double bass kit. Used to be in a band but parted ways and am now starting to get back into it.

CannondaleRider

#8 Post by CannondaleRider »

Lots of drummers............any guitarists at all?

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

I have a cheapo acoustic guitar that I play around with and learn a few songs by tabs or chords whenever I'm bored. I was in a band in high school but when college time came, I had to give it up. My set is the Pearl Export series. Its pretty old now. I have just been playing for fun lately. I always get these beats in my head whenever I'm doing something and I have to get to the set to get that beat out of my head. I need to be a rap producer. rolleyes.gif

^^^^Random thoughts.

CHAINSAW

#10 Post by CHAINSAW »

Ive played guitar for about 12 years now. I used to be hard and heavy into it, but got back into the duning and atving. I sold almost all of my stuff, just kept a little practice amp and one of my Roswell Rhoads guitars. I havent even picked it up in a year or so,... just lost interest I guess.