map select kit..... where

AZNEWBIE

map select kit..... where

#1 Post by AZNEWBIE »

Where can I find a map select kit and does it let me change maps on the go?

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

I know that they are still on the Optimum website, but I dont really know if they still sell them or not, I would imagine they do, only downside is that they are really expensive!sad.gif
I do know that there are some guys working on a D&M and a map select kit that will be much cheaper Im assuming... Just not sure when they will be finished.:hammer:

Cannondale88

#3 Post by Cannondale88 »

305 Shipped from Doug....you can download maps and then upload them to ur D&M kit....

yamadjs08

#4 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by Cannondale88
305 Shipped from Doug....you can download maps and then upload them to ur D&M kit....

Yeah, thats the Diagnostics & Maintance kit, you can switch maps and settings, but not on the go. The map select kit is a handle bar mounted switch that lets you switch 2-3 maps (not sure how many), on the go.

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Yeah, I have the Map Select on mine and it cost me about $900 from Nac's when I bought the quad new. Very pricey, but fun to use.

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
Yeah, I have the Map Select on mine and it cost me about $900 from Nac's when I bought the quad new.  Very pricey, but fun to use.

Sweet, do you have to like stop and put it in neutral or shut it off or anything when you switch maps? Or can you literally switch maps while you are riding?

fig

#7 Post by fig »

You can change maps on the fly.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

No stopping, just hit the button.

fig

#9 Post by fig »

just hit the button. If you think that is cool, have you heard about rider trim?

It allows you to "re-jet", change the timing, and change the throttle sensitivity on the fly. You can then save the changes to a map.

I think the boys are working on a version of both the map select and rider trim. Both are available today from Optimum (expensive)

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Wow....I never realized that the rider trim and map select were different. I don't completely understand why someone would need the rider trim.