New plastics!!!

yamadjs08

New plastics!!!

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Hey guys, found a guy on ebay who was selling plastics, well he is 30 minutes away from me! I e-mailed him and I went up there today to get them. I got 3 sets for 180 bux, 60 bux each, I thought it was a pretty good deal, and I am so happy!
Apparently the guy goes to freight auctions all the time, he probably bought these dirt cheap, somebody who was supposed to be getting 15 sets of plastic didnt!:mad:
Well I got a set bolted up, they are sweet, Im going to hack up my heel guards tomorrow and make some fender supports, and I need the front fender braces, my quad had shaved fenders when I bought it so I dont have any. Im sure somebody has a set laying around. Oh and I also need some black spar covers, if someone wants to sell some cheap.
Also one other thing, Im not sure if my subframe is bent, or i have really matted down seat rubber grommet things, because there is a lot of play inbetween the back of my plastics and the sub frame, when I put the seat on and sit on it and stuff, it pushes the back down to the seat grommets, and there is like 2 inches of play, I have cracks in my old plastics, and I know these will crack soon to right at that little stress point. I dont know what I need to do...? Bigger grommets, or what???
Anyways, sorry for writing a book, heres some quick pics I took...

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Another...

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

another...

yamadjs08

#4 Post by yamadjs08 »

last one...

z400m1x

#5 Post by z400m1x »

Dang $180 is really cheap for 3 full sets of plastic!! good deal.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow:wow

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Good find! My girlfriend thought that your quad was a pic of mine. It looks very similar. The z400/raptor/yfz stock tires looks similar to the stock 300ex tires I had on mine.

TucsonCannibal

awsome plastics!

#8 Post by TucsonCannibal »

I am bidding on a set of those right now... but he hasen't updated to qty yet.... should be 12 now that yamadjs08 has bought three....

hey yamadjs08, did he have any other colors up there?

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

Nope, just red, he really didnt even know much about Cannondales... He just got them at a freight auction I guess...

Oh and anybody know what I can do about the rear situation, I dont want to crack new plastics over this... Seem slike I need new grommet things, or something, Im not sure, somebody surely has had this problem???

KYmxracer52

#10 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I hope its just grommets worn, but if you need a new subframe, let me know and I'll make you a good deal on one with grab bar.