LT-Z450 to boast EFI

badvox

LT-Z450 to boast EFI

#1 Post by badvox »

Well I received my new copy of ATV sport in the mail today.

A little little tiny blurb on the 450 and they say they KNOW that it will have EFI. The also say it will have a race ready chasis and that LT is not ruled out at this point.

They also mention that it may garner the Quadracer name once again.

mike

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Yep this is old news, if it is reliable info, QUAD magazine had this info out like at least 2 months ago... Plus I think over at atvconnection or somewhere somebody seen the dealer DVD that they sent out... And they knew it was going to be called the LT450R or something like that... I dont know, the market is deffinatly picking up, and things are getting exciting... We'll see how long it will take for them to at least be comparable to cannondales...:w: :usa :usa :usa

acarli3

#3 Post by acarli3 »

I'm excited to see the zuki 450's specs and in action. I was glad to see the yamaha 450 come out and be very competitive against the cdale and my wife picked on up for herself. I was much less excited about the raptor the nearer the release got as we got more information it seemed less likely it would be something I would buy. Perhaps as I get more info on the zuki 450, i'll feel the same way about it. I want to know if the zuki 450's efi is going to be programmable like the cdales. I'm hearing the raptors efi is not. They say it's race ready but so did yamaha on their 450 but believe me it's not. We've spent thousands on an extended axle, a-arms and lt shocks, cdi, exhaust, lighter flywheel, and on and on. When will someone make a race ready quad like the cdale moto?

badvox

race ready

#4 Post by badvox »

According to the Quad off-road article that yama pointed out it (LTZ) also has a chromolly swing arm, exteneded LT arms and shocks.

Supposedly, team suzuki will be riding these as is off the floor. Thats just according to the article.

mike

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

http://www.quadzoneforums.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Suzuki

Here's an interesting thread over at quadzone.

cannondalerhino

new zuki

#6 Post by cannondalerhino »

A friend of mine Rudy Gonzales(of DFR) was Keith Little's mechanic for the nationals this year and spoke with Gust & Jones about the bike. Supposedly all is true , efi, extended everything race ready right out of the box shocks and all. Gust said the only thing they might change is a-arms for sponsers, but added that it is ready for national competion as is.

cdrider02

#7 Post by cdrider02 »

The dealer DVD dropped hints to the name Quadracer, EFI, and aluminum frame. It said something like, from the company that brought you the quadracer 250 and 500, the company that brings you more fuel injected bikes than any other and the company that brought aluminum frames to streetbikes (I don't really keep up with bikes and I don't know if they were the first but it said something like that) I'm assuming that they meant the GSXR's.

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

what about people racing them XC are they gonna have to bring it in a little bit?

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340
what about people racing them XC are they gonna have to bring it in a little bit?

Yeah that is kinda confusing, I cant see a big company like Suzuki having 2 models of this 450 like Cannondale did, so unless there is 2 seprate models it cant be "race ready" (like the moto), at least 80% of the riders are going to use it on trails at least some point, no way will a 50 inch wide quad fit in my local trails... My buddy on his predator almost has a hard time (47inches wide I think)... So there has to be 2 models or the full race ready crap is not completly true, might have competetive suspension and parts, but no way it can be a 50 inch wide quad unless theres 2 models... I cant wait to see whats up!!!:head:

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

cdrider02
Yea I saw the dealer video.Cool footage of old races with Denton kicking butt.Man he could fly through whoops with that old LT.If you look at the black and white,fuzzy portions the exhaust is on left and has two headlights.So in the least we will have some exhausts cannisters that will fit our machines nice.biggrin.gif