Atk450

five08

Atk450

#1 Post by five08 »

hey,i race a 300ex right now but im going to be in need of a 450 soon and i really like like ATK's, but i have a few peoblems.....i can ride my friends YFZ fine, but i've heard the ATK's have TONS more power,Can a ATK dirt bike shop get an ATK quad for me or do they all sell the quads aswell as the bikes?...i know the ATK is much more mantence then the 300ex but what so i have to do to keep it running awsome? and finally how reliable are they? i've heard of some electrical problems...

thanks for all the posts in advance!

cdalemx301

#2 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey I run NEATV also...I find that I just need to change the oil alot more then any other bikes i have ever owned...every 3x i ride. But other then that i dont really need to do all that much more to it...I have had mine since august of 02 and had no problems...where do you practice? Rocky Hill? Templeton? if you go to either of these places we should meet up and practice sometime maybe let you take my bike for a rip and see if thats what you want. Let me know...I will be at Jolly this weekend...98 GMC pick up Red with an American flag decal in the back window and MX301 licesne plates and a white enclosed trailer stop by and say Hi

five08

#3 Post by five08 »

i practice at pay to play, the track in RI...it got shut down but my buddys friends with the owner so we can get in once and a while...yah i should be there sunday idk if im taking my quad yet, if i do im #51 red/black 300ex, see ya there biggrin.gif

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

They dont have TONS more power, they are all about equal, or it might have a little more power. maintence is key to keep it going, and you cant be afraid of getting your hands dirty and doing stuff yourself!

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Once you get a maintenance regiment going, you won't think anything about it. If you race them, then you need to change the oil every 1-3 rides....depending on how you ride it. Air filter maintenance is key on any quad, and keep a clean fuel filter on these. Other than the oils, the only other real big thing I can think of is re-calibrating the throttle body (every oil change is key). This is something you do with the Maintenance & Diagnostics software for your PC. Some people make the Cannondales and ATK's out to be trouble machines that require too much attention, but the truth is, if you look at what all the top racers do to maintain their machines after and in between races, the Dales/ATK's aren't really all that much different or difficult.

badvox

What year?

#6 Post by badvox »

If you plan on getting an 06 ATK make sure it has the aluminum cam cover. Or if you opt for something earlier make sure you change out the coolant.

As far as dealers go any ATK dealer can get you any of their products.

My advice would be to get an updated CDALE from one of the site sponsers that sell them. It would definitely be cheaper.

What area of the world are you in anyway?

~mike

five08

Re: What year?

#7 Post by five08 »

Originally posted by badvox
If you plan on getting an 06 ATK make sure it has the aluminum cam cover.  Or if you opt for something earlier make sure you change out the coolant.

As far as dealers go any ATK dealer can get you any of their products.

My advice would be to get an updated CDALE from one of the site sponsers that sell them.  It would definitely be cheaper.  

What area of the world are you in anyway?

~mike

thanks for the posts everyone...im from massachusetts