to the dunes!

Happyboy

to the dunes!

#1 Post by Happyboy »

to the dunes, to the dunes, to the dunes we go!

Be back in a week!!! tongue.gif

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

I"M JEALOUS!!!!!!! :mad:

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

i'll possibly see ya there saturday.:drink:

jlm996s

#4 Post by jlm996s »

I'll be there Friday night!tongue.gif

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Well, we are back. Had a blast, but still probobly the worst trip for accidents we had. But, I will get to that later. Got to the dunes on Wednesday about 2, unpacked and went for a ride. It had been raining for a day and a half so the sand was wet but so smooth. We took off and the place was empty. It was so nice out. 15 minutes in though one of our group didn't see the back side of a rolling dune had a nice 10 foot drop off. Well, he slammed on his brakes too late and took a rough nose dive down. He landed ok but he slammed his head into the bar pad. OOPS!
:eek:

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

We let him get his breath and we started riding again. It was so nice out. We went and did some jumping and it was great!! biggrin.gif At this point I noticed the Rekluse was having trouble with the really soft sand in some of the trails. It just seemed like it was slipping. So, we headed back. About half way back the clutch just went away. She completely burned up. 7 hour drive and 2 hours into the ride the clutch burns up. So depressing. But, I brought parts!! Well, I though I brought parts. Turns out I forgot to grab my bag of springs and retainers. So, after a few phone calls Canniboomer comes to my rescue. He was nice enough to overnight me a set of springs and retainers and I was back up and Running on Friday.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

In the meantime our buddy from Texas let me ride his extra 250R. Had a blast on that thing, thanks again BILL!!

So, got the stock clutch back installed and went and tore up some sand. Immediately took it down to the Dyno and got her tuned in. I will see if I can't scan the Dyno sheets later but I maxed out at 47.5 hp with my falicon 450. I thought it would have hit higher but that was all we could tune it too.

So, we did some hard night riding that night and had a blast. There were tons of people out that night. Lots of other quads and lots of sand rails. It is really neat to watch the sand rails go up and down the dunes. And then they hit the whoops and just gun it.

Friday night got a little wild at the park but not as big as usual. The park rangers were stopping everyone that had beads out or hollared at the girls. sad.gif

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Saturday it got hot! Time to get the squirt guns out and hose down some girls!! Ah, good fun in the sun. We did some riding that morning and dang way too many people out there. Went back out for an afternoon ride and we really shouldn't have. Little Sahara OK has some major trail areas and they run very fast. Whoop sections, nice berms, very cool to ride in. That is the main reason we go there, just soooo much fun. But, you would think you would have alot of close calls. Well, I did more than had a close call this time. I was in 3rd gear WOT going through a whoop section on a big strait away when a brand new YFZ450 came around the bend. We were both hauling major butt. There was barely enough time to say "OH" before we hit and I finished it with "CRAP" while in the air. I pushed back on the quad before we hit so I didn't stiffen up and just got a couple of bruises on my legs where they hit the bars. The guy on the YFZ seemed ok as well. We did a quick look at the quads and it seemed like I had a tore up bumper and a bent tie rod. He got a bent A-arm and goofed up bumper. So, we took off back to camp to relax and do a good inspection.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

As soon as I start going I notice its pulling hard one way. I stop and it just seemed like I had a bent tie rod. Then one of my rear tires was flat. That is really weird as I had no impact on my rear tire. I get back and start looking at my front end and notice its a bit crooked. You wont' beleive the damage. I will let the pics speak for themselves...

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

chassis