razars vs holeshots

311racer

razars vs holeshots

#1 Post by 311racer »

im looking for a good set of mx front tires. I'm looking at the new 20in razars and the new 20in holeshots. the razars are alittle cheaper in price. i just wanted your guys opinion on this before i buy a set. thanks for any help! mike

JST

#2 Post by JST »

I belive it was last months issue of Dirtwheels that had a motocross tire shootout in it,the razars finished last,a good bit behind the Holeshots,and the winner is................I'll let you read the article,but it surprised me.

jcv440

#3 Post by jcv440 »

The ITP's are the way to go. The best tire combo out there....ITP MXR rears with the MX fronts. IMO

justfine

holeshot

#4 Post by justfine »

I have had both tires, and I like the holeshots much better. They seem to hook up in corners much better. The razors almost seemed slick to me. I hear that new holeshot mxr is really good. There are also a pound lighter than the holeshot mx.

MotoX_Racer07

Wrong tires

#5 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

ITP didn't win the shoot out. The Kenda Klaw MXR's and MXF's won the shootout for best all around traction and tire setup.

JeffQuadShop

#6 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I can't speak for MX but for XC the Holeshots don't get flats nearly as easy!

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

I have tried both, and like the Holeshot alot better, they do steer more accurate. The new rear Holeshot is awesome too. The Maxxis will last alot longer though. We ran one set of Maxxis in the 12 hour race, and tires still looked good at the end, I was talking to the Nac's team afterward, and their Holeshots were shot!

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I have used the holeshots both mx and xc they were good. I have used just the razors fronts for xc and I liked them more. A new tire I had the luxury of pounding to **** and back were the kenda klaw xc they held up very well considering I was trying to punture them. They handled the rocks really well and they were really cheap compared to the other 2.