Honda needs the Z400

cdalemx301

Honda needs the Z400

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

AHAH doug watch out you better start tossin the Z400 bearings in the 450r's now too haha....http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...threadid=189644
O god guys those hondas they must be a POS a few of them have blown rod bearings nobody better buy them the price of them better plummit now lol...do people not realize this happens everywhere its not just cdales?

TucsonCannibal

#2 Post by TucsonCannibal »

thats some funny stuff!smile.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Yeah funny.Old news also.Too bad the bearing they are talking of is a mainbearing and not a rod bearing.Also the Z400 bearing wont fit in Honda rod since rod is too narrow.YFZ also.People have tried.Honda problem is caused by out of sync cranks.Their manufacturer needs to get basics right.Why not find all the Z400 guys who have bad rod bearings?Then you will get my attention since it would have "bearing"L.O.L on my favorite mod to our machines.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

lol, what a funny comparison. I will give you 1 thing, it does happen on ALL vehicles at some point. Only difference is how often it happens. I would guess less than 5% on honda, prob less than 3%. What do you think that percent is on the dale? Do you really think around that 5% mark? If so you are kidding yourself.

toothandnail

#5 Post by toothandnail »

I've seen several yammies go through the shop with crank problems none were on race quads all were guys who ride trails,also had several lock up at our track, one poor dude locked up two in two weeks. It's not just dales. I had to laugh at Dirt Wheels articale which said "a select few had crank problems, but all were raced hard":P tongue.gif

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

lol, yeah. The big 2 have ways of covering it up. But the biggest advantage they have is that they are in business. Kinda hard for Cannondale to do anything about it. lol

us biggrin.gif

cdaleman440

#7 Post by cdaleman440 »

yeah atk has a bad rep now cus the crank problems

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I will tell you guys something.The 06 YFZ's like I have have been having bolts back out of motor.Mine also vibrates very badly in fifth wide open.I have a pretty bad feeling this motor will not last like this.When warrantee runs out next year I will be putting a better crank in or balancing stock one.Part of price for power it seems.Wish I werent addicted and could ride some 400ex or other gutless wonder but that is never going to happen.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Forget the 400ex, WARRIOR all the way!!

chigger81

#10 Post by chigger81 »

:head: