new addition to the family

4punksdad

new addition to the family

#1 Post by 4punksdad »

i scored a beater utility quad for trail maintenence. its an 85 or 86 model yamaha moto 4. I think its a 225 or 250cc. It is 2x4 but has a dual range tranny. I'll post pics later.

anybody got any experience with these machines that they would like to share with me?

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I don't know too much about it, but I can tell you this. My neighbors out by my property have 1 quad and 4 boys ranging from 13-20, and the quad is an old moto4. It's been running everytime I go out there and they ride the he!! out of it constantly. If theirs is a normal example, that is one reliable quad.

EricM

#3 Post by EricM »

My dad has that exact one and that is what i learned to ride on back in the late 80's before i got my CR80 and got into motorcycles (i am only 22). He bought it new in '86 and it was $1800. It is a 225 with only 8:1 compression and is a hundred pounds heavier than my cannibal, so I can tell you it isnt fast and the suspension is bad, but this winter it got new tires and brakes and that is the first thing done to it other than oil, maybe a spark plug or two and maybe a few batteries. So for about 17 years of use it has cost a total of about $2,000. That is a pretty practical investment, but when you open it up it doesn't give you the rush like the 440.

4punksdad

#4 Post by 4punksdad »

she's a beauty biggrin.gif

LRD 400ex

#5 Post by LRD 400ex »

o,i guess the rule are different here at cannondale riders? over at this place called "exriders" these moderators would shoot u for riding without a helmet. o,not to mention double riding. they really get mad when u tripple ride with all 3 missing helmets. and i dont think they approve of drinkin and riding,but i could be wrong.:confused:

4punksdad

#6 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by LRD 400ex
o,i guess the rule are different here at cannondale riders? over at this place called "exriders" these moderators would shoot u for riding without a helmet. o,not to mention double riding. they really get mad when u tripple ride with all 3 missing helmets. and i dont think they approve of drinkin and riding,but i could be wrong.:confused:

the quad isn't moving jackass

drbowtie

#7 Post by drbowtie »

Geee, what a coincidence we both excercised our elbows sitting on a non-moving machine this weekend.

With all this weather up here I think I'm going to put the cannondale on a series of hydraulic rams with a movie screen and make it a virtual reality ride in my basement!

Maybe even put a quarter slot next to it... Hmmmmm, I may be on to something here. Anybody know how to fling mud inside?

drbowtie

#8 Post by drbowtie »

Hey...

Are they twins? the kids not the headlights:D

4punksdad

#9 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by drbowtie
Hey...

Are they twins?  the kids not the headlights:D

not twins...........2 years apart. they are punks # 3 & 4.

drbowtie

#10 Post by drbowtie »

Oh, well...

Two years apart... I should have known. You can tell that they are not from the milkman though. He's mexican right?