2 Stolen Quads

speed2424

2 Stolen Quads

#1 Post by speed2424 »

Well it's been two weeks now and it doesn't look like the other one is coming home, so here it goes. Tuesday November 1st at about 8:30 PM some worthless F*** came into my garage, opened the overhead door, pushed out one quad, started it & rode off. His buddy pushed out the next one, closed the door , then rode off with it. They were heard by several neighbors "flying" down my street, BUT didn't know what was going on at that time. When I was coming home from work that night, I saw something out of the corner of my eye that looked like a motorcycle sitting along the side of the road. I was thinking to myself at the time "what an unusual place for someone to leave their street bike when it ran out of gas". I got home from work about 11:00 to what looked like a normal house. After Traci got home at 11:15, we had a pizza for supper. As I went to through the pop cans into the re-cycling tote, I saw that a row of quads were missing. I closed my eyes & said to myself "please be there when I re-open my eyes". NO SUCH LUCK! When I called the cops, they asked for a description of them. After hearing the description, they said they had one in their possession already. When I went to pick it up, it was on my company's property. Only 1/4 mile from where I parked my car all afternoon. Thats right, it was what I saw on the way home. My poor quad was blown up & abandoned along the side of the road like some dead animal.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

:mad: Thats terrible.Hope you post some pics and more info and the one gets back to you.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

Sorry to hear that Speed. That is my worst fear too. I've tried to be more careful with my quads as well as the kids quads now that I've heard yours and Derno's have been stolen. Mine are normally stored in my trailer and I try to make sure I have it locked at all times.

I hope you find your other quad. Did you have insurance by chance?

I probably need to make sure I at least take the keys out of the quads to make it a little more difficult for someone to take them.

speed2424

#4 Post by speed2424 »

I told the cops that I was pretty sure who took them. I even gave them names & addresses. They didn't even talk to them about it for a couple of days. Nothing like giving them time to get rid of it & come up with an alibi. NO PROOF NOW! Some police force I have here. Now I am waiting for a call that I will probably never get. I only had them for a week or two & didn't have any insurance on them yet. If you don't have insurance on your quads yet, GET IT!!!!! I got ripped off when I bought the one that is missing, then some worthless f*** ripped the whole quad off me. I'm just plain OUT THE MONEY.

Here is a pic of the missing quad.

BigJosh

#5 Post by BigJosh »

Kev
Holy Sh__ Say the word we can start the man hunt. Wow sorry to hear this. Please if you need anything or help call Ill see what I can do.

speed2424

#6 Post by speed2424 »

OOPS wrong pic!

That is what it looked like when it left the guys house that I bought it off of.

Here is what it looked like when it was delivered to me.

BigJosh

#7 Post by BigJosh »

you saying that quad was stripped before you got it.......who the **** would do that to you, thats crap..........:mad:

speed2424

#8 Post by speed2424 »

So all I can do now is rebuild the one I got back & hope for the best for the other one. The motor was a South Bay Moto with the stage 3 done to it (what ever that means). The previous owner said it was a 460 or 470 (something like that). The motor needs a new piston, sleeve, the flywheel is cracked, & the cartridge plate will need to be replaced. This is what I found, so far. I am going to put my Falicon, that was delivered today, in it.

Here is what they did to the piston.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

I mean this when I say it. If you want to go to these scum bags house and look for them just ask and I'll be there. I can't believe the damage azz's do to stuff and the fact people can't be trusted anymore. I have now resorted to parking my trailer so close to my garage my nephew is the only one who can squueze in to open the door. There is no way for anything to get out.

BigJosh

#10 Post by BigJosh »

You can even trust people that are friends when buying something, let alone trust the general public not to steal your hard earned money right from under your nose.