My new quad

AZduner

My new quad

#1 Post by AZduner »

I am buying an 02 Cannondale Speed in a couple of weeks (I already made a payment towards it), and I would like to know more about Cannondales in general... What are your guys' takes on the Cannondale's reliability? The quad I am buying has a brand new ATK 450 motor in it, so I am hoping that this will be both reliable and pretty fast. What do you guys think about the stock suspension setup? Should I change it? I am going to be riding desert and dunes with it... What aftermarket accesesories are available for it (shocks, exhaust, etc.)? I cant help my self from modding my bikes, so it would be helpful to know what I can do to it. Also any additional comments would be helpful. Thanks for your time and I cant wait to get my quad!

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

:welcome: & congratulations on your new bike. The best thing to do is spend a day or two and go thru the forums and read the posts. You don't need to read any not related to the bike itself. This will give you more info than anything one person can write in one post. When you have questions they can be more specific and then you can get more direct answers. The reliabilty factor has improved 10 fold since the last Cannondale left the factory. There is a following here like no other brand I am aware of, except maybe Harley Davidson. What a coincidence...two made in the USA companys.

:usa

The gang will always try and help to the best of their ability.

:ride:

quadprorider

#3 Post by quadprorider »

:welcome: to the club! Once you get that thing in your hands be sure to give us a report after the first time you put a leg over it! I wanna hear what you think about it!

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

and don't worry if anything goes wrong there are at least 5 guys in az that can figure most things out
As far as mod's go I will invite the locals over and you can see just about any mod done to a cannondale on our quads.

AZduner

#5 Post by AZduner »

Yeah, one of the things that Ive noticed is that people are very friendly to each other on this site, especially compared to other atv sites. I cant wait to get my quad. I've ridden it before in the sand dunes and was really impressed with it. I cant buy it until I part with my desert Blaster, but I know it will be worth it. I will tell you guys what I think of the quad, and post any questions that I have about it. thanks.
O btw where in Arizona do you live? I live in Tucson...

badvox

#6 Post by badvox »

Thats funny isnt there a guy with a screen name of TusconCannibal?

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Yes there is another from Tuscon. Seems like AZ might be a cdale hotspot. Welcome to the site. Make sure you put yourself on the cannondalerider map. http://www.frappr.com/cannondaleriders You can find out where the AZ guys are.

AZduner

#8 Post by AZduner »

I am just curious as to about how much horsepower the ATK 450 gets... Are there any things that I should replace when I get the quad for practical reasons? Also what are some good mods to start out with? The quad already has a K&N and a velocity stack on it... I need to fill my christmas list up:D

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

A stroker crank would be a good stocking stuffer. :head:

azcannon

#10 Post by azcannon »

there are more but in Tucson there is

Tucson Cannibal
Rayspeed
Krash
AMRCDALEGURL (don't be mad I didn't spell your name right its hard)

? more I just don't know them

Phoenix is

CannondaleRider
Azcannon
CannondaleRhino
Steele Campbell
BillBusche
BillDurham
Brandon

? more I can't think of

Flagstaff

Richard