Need some help

CptHook

Need some help

#1 Post by CptHook »

Ok well went to start rebuilding dale Friday night with no success. Stuck on two small things.

One, the motor mount update, do you need to remove the stock inner threaded bushings on the case mounts? The rod is too big to fit through these.

Two, got an aluminum valve cover. I think my stock seals got stretched out or something because with or without using permatex, when I tighten down the cover the seals smoosh out through those two square holes on the water pump side of the cover. So I need to get some new seals, anyone carry them?

Thanks in advance.

RoooStEr Pops

#2 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

You will need to drill the stock inner threaded bushings on the case mounts bigger. and black widow for the seals.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Derno24

Re: Need some help

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CptHook
Ok well went to start rebuilding dale Friday night with no success. Stuck on two small things.

One, the motor mount update, do you need to remove the stock inner threaded bushings on the case mounts? The rod is too big to fit through these.

Two, got an aluminum valve cover. I think my stock seals got stretched out or something because with or without using permatex, when I tighten down the cover the seals smoosh out through those two square holes on the water pump side of the cover. So I need to get some new seals, anyone carry them?

Thanks in advance.

1. Check you spacer first if it fits in between the brass fittings then do what Roosterpops said and drill the hole, but if it doesn't (meaning the spacer is bigger than the space allowed) than knock the insert out.

2. Haydug or Brad!

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

The seals will stretch out some no matter what. The head seals do that some also. I can't say if yours is normal or not since we can't see them.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

If the seals squish out just let the sealant cure and razorblade them flush. When installing the water pump cover dab a little sealant on the razorbladed section then install cover.

The motor mount update all depends on the kit you have. The center spacer should be tight enough so when you just install it between the mounting bosses it will hold itself in place. Shim acordingly. If there is a gap you will put tension on the block when the main bolt is tightened and thats not good. The inner threaded bushings are made of steel and usually need to be drilled out because most of the good motor mount kits have a larger bolt .