Quitting Smoking

cannondale27

Quitting Smoking

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I decided to try quitting.Want to find the best way.I did it a while back with the patch but only lasted a week once I went off the patch.So those of you who have quit whats the best way?

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

Good luck Steve!!!!

Imagine all the cannondale parts you can buy with the money you save!

biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I am imagining running a harescramble without about dying by the end of it:D

Thanks Gus

J. Delaney

#4 Post by J. Delaney »

If you try to quit, you will fail. You just need to make up your mind and do it. The first step is to quit drinking all that beer (lol). The second step is to start exercising (cardio) and eating a proper diet. That will boost your energy and lessen the desire to smoke. That's the method I used and I smoked for almost 15 years.

Daytonaman

#5 Post by Daytonaman »

It is not difficult to quit smoking. The reason people can't quit is because they haven't accomplished it yet. When you finally do, you will have discovered a way to master your own destiny. Everything else will seem easy. Pretty boring and predictable tho.

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

i didnt even know you smoked steve guess i dont pay much attention.i quit about 3 yrs ago.made a bet with a buddy and stuck to it.i bought a tin of snuff(knew i wouldnt do much could hardly stand it) and did the once maybe twice a day toease the urge.then tossed it out and just said he!! with it.after a couple weeks i was good to go.a little cranky but i lived!dont miss it a bit but im still cranky:confused: lol

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

As far as smoking, I can't help much. It is one good thing that came from racing dirt bikes. I started smoking as a teen and don't know if it was just the smoking or I was coming down with somthing, but went to the first race of the season and couldn't even finish a moto, so it was easy for me.

Now drinking. I was a regular drinker in my mid teens. about 17 years ago, I quit. I work construction and you can believe my coworkers did't make it easy. Plus it seemed to me it was the hottest summer I had worked. Anyway, one thing I can say (because I going thru the same thing with coffee now), if you admitt to any one that you miss it, it will make the craving worse. On those 90`+ days when someone would dangle a cold beer with the ice water dripping off it, in front of me, it was hard enough to say no thanks, but when they asked if I missed it. at first I would admitt it and it seemed like the craving doubled. So I started saying "not much" and it was better. then the big step was say it didn't bother me at all anymore. I don't like to lie but it started making it easyer.

jwheat

#8 Post by jwheat »

Hey Steve.... I have an electric collar and remote that I use to train my Labs that I'll loan you. Just put it on and hit the button on the remote everytime you get an urge to smoke! biggrin.gif

By the way....I know it works cause none of my dogs smoke!

iceracer17

#9 Post by iceracer17 »

I live close enough that i'll run the remote.You don't even have to call,i'll just push the button a few extra times when i know your home with the kids and cleaning the garage floor after one your dog's trips through the neighbor hood.smile.gif

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it is a mental thing for sure.Hardest thing is almost all my fellow workers smoke.When they are outside smoking I can even catch a wiff of it way over by my work area then I have to go also!
Iceracer if I didnt smoke I dont know if I could have handled cleaning up that mess!:eek: I should have took a picture.You would never think that much barf could come out of a little dog like that!Oh drinking isnt a problem for me.Had enough hangovers when I was younger.No time for that now.