A surprise in my fx450

chigger81

A surprise in my fx450

#1 Post by chigger81 »

Yesterday I decided to repack my cannoharley to make it a little quieter. I took the exaust off to find this:

Yes, its popcorn. I guess the mice got into the popcorn in the office of my shop and decided my dale looked like a good place to store it. At first I was kinda worried about it, but I guess it probably wont hurt anything and its kinda funny. Somewhere there is a little black mouse that needs to die. biggrin.gif

Meanwhile I found out the core is destroyed in my pipe, so it looks like more down time before I can ride again. Theres always next weekend. Not sure how many more of these 60 degree january days im gonna have though.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Slap that exhaust on and ride!

JST

#3 Post by JST »

Just throw the shop vac tube near it.I had them little ******** do the same thing to a Blaster we had but,I actually didn't find out until I kicked it over a couple times.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Shop vac is a good idea you can also tape a small hose like your vent hose to the nozzle and suck out the cylinder.You can see the exhaust valves are slightly open by the shinny stem at top.Something may have got past the valve.Worse yet is the dirty buggers like too pee also and the stuff is nasty!You would smell it if thats the case though.

cdaleman440

#5 Post by cdaleman440 »

i ike popcorn:eek:

Craig_C

#6 Post by Craig_C »

Speaking of exhaust leaks!

after my tear down I found no (no, zippo, nada) exhaust crush washers. I also had no leak :confused: Anyways, Theres washers in ther now, no pop corn, but how I ever didnt have any leaks beats the crap out of me!

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

heh, I have a top secret pipe going on my bike after it's rebuild, It is very sturdy and a tad bit bigger than my hmf Was. I would like to knwo the Id of the Black widow pipe to compare it. I will see how it compares to the black Widow exhaust and then may let the cat out of the bag.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Chigger how come you call it a cannonharley?

chigger81

#9 Post by chigger81 »

There was no packing and only half a core left in the pipe, so it sounded a bit like a high strung harley. biggrin.gif

I stood it up and hit it with the shopvac after that. I tried going down to a smaller hose like you suggested. I couldnt quite make the turn with it, Im gonna look for some more flexible stuff to get down there with.

cdaleman440, you can have some of the popcorn after I start it. biggrin.gif

theJeStEr1340

#10 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by chigger81
There was no packing and only half a core left in the pipe, so it sounded a bit like a high strung harley. biggrin.gif

Sounds like my dad pipe, it was a titanium system, cut in ahlf with no packing or core!