ATK Magazine Shootout?

GDITheman

ATK Magazine Shootout?

#1 Post by GDITheman »

I hope a magazine will do a real 450 shootout and put the ATK against the big 3. I hope Frank has been pushing his product to the mags. I want to see what they say about the suzuki 450 and it's EFI setup compared to the ATK.

cdaleman440

#2 Post by cdaleman440 »

i also would love to see that happen
Now i remember that one magazine did do a shoot out but i did not catch much
My buddy said he saw the shootout on the show ATV Magazine did any one catch that? it was awhile a go

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

I saw it.. It was okay.. It was more of a comparsion then a shootout.. They basically said the ATK is a redone Cannondale.. DUH... I am not so sure about ATK going up against the others in Japwheels. Ask this question on ATK's website. Frank will answer..

badvox

A repeat?

#4 Post by badvox »

You mean a repeat of the shootout from a couple years ago or was that 450 shootout last year in ATV Sport?

That shootout was a complete joke. If you didnt see it it went something like this;

We dont like the ATK because the way you have to start it is dumb...

We think the ATK is too fast... It needs to be rev'd too much.

We LOVE the YFZ because it loves to be rev'd.

Seriously there were several comments that were negative when it came to the ATK but then the exact same comments were used to praise the YFZ.

Who won under the eye of the radar? ATK did

yamadjs08

Re: A repeat?

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by badvox
You mean a repeat of the shootout from a couple years ago or was that 450 shootout last year in ATV Sport?  

That shootout was a complete joke.  If you didnt see it it went something like this;

We dont like the ATK because the way you have to start it is dumb...

We think the ATK is too fast... It needs to be rev'd too much.

We LOVE the YFZ because it loves to be rev'd.

Seriously there were several comments that were negative when it came to the ATK but then the exact same comments were used to praise the YFZ.  

Who won under the eye of the radar?  ATK did
Exactly, I actually have that issue and it is horrible. "The ATK didnt do so well in the trails because it had too much power" tons of BS. But than you look at the radar runs and lap times... Wow, why is that ATK faster than all of the others? Horrible...rolleyes.gif

Also, they weighed all of the machines, ATK had almost 50/50 weight distribution from front to rear, the yfz and 450r were more like 57/43 and 55/45. Also the yfz450 was the lightest in weight (I think it was 396lbs), but its claimed weight was 350, and what did Cannondale/ATK claim their weight was, 370? So even though the yfz is lighter, ATK/Cannondale is more accurate/honest with the actual weight. I think it came in with 403lbs wet (all of quads were tested with all fluids and full tank of gas). But they wouldnt dare mention anything about almost perfect weight distribution from front/rear...ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

I remember that. Quite funny reading. I'll also bring back a DW mag from 2002 to comment. It had a 440EX, vs Z400, vs stock Cannibal. Cannibal lost the shootout b/c of the price and b/c it revved like a 2-stroke they said. However, it won basically every category tested. And don't you think it was funny that it was put down for a 2-stroke rev when now w/the 450's, the mags comment and praise 2-stroke revving? rolleyes.gif

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Probably the wrong place, but talking about weight distribution what does the 250r kit do for weight distribution? anyone had one weighed full of gas?

RoooStEr Pops

#8 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

Who runs with a full tank of gas but the XC'ers

badvox

#9 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by RoooStEr Pops
Who runs with a full tank of gas but the XC'ers

Desert Rats and Duners smile.gif

RoooStEr Pops

#10 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

ok them too but not me 1 to 2 gal is enuff for me for a night of racing

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: