price gaouge?

cannondalerhino

price gaouge?

#1 Post by cannondalerhino »

The LTR is in but they want 2k on top of msrp!

cdaleman440

#2 Post by cdaleman440 »

and people said the dales were exepensive ha

jwheat

Re: price gaouge?

#3 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by cannondalerhino

Report them to your local attorney general.

badvox

Wow!

#4 Post by badvox »

Boo!!!! Thats why all the secrecy and hype! IMO not worth that much dough for a brand new design. Its bound to have wrinkles its first year.

I wonder about all the people that had pre-paid at 7299 are they gonna get a jacked up price too?

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

...maybe bypass dealer with written complaints directly to Suzuki.
It can't hurt. If it takes a normal course, they might be giving rebates by this time next year anyway -- cheaper to rent a ride!

cannondalerhino

rode it

#6 Post by cannondalerhino »

Found another dealer that was much more reasonable and did report that first dealer to the state.
Anywho, rode one at Champion for just down the street and back. By far much more more responsive and power than honda or yamaha stock to stock. And will only get better!

MX Quad Dad

Re: price gaouge?

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by cannondalerhino

Must be an ex-Michigan dealer. In 1999 my son wanted a banshee, and all dealers here were over MSRP. but they were sly about it. calling it assembly, prep and destination charges. If I just stepped across the boarder I could get them out the door for about $750 under MSRP. I know its not as bad as 2G, but I am talking Banshee not a new model. Also, I was shopping for the Moto in fall of 2001. And the dealers around here wanted 100% down to order it. That was over 12G and I believe it was October, and Cannondale was talking late febuary to early spring of 2002 before they would ship the Motos.

By the way, we bought all parts for the Banshee from out of state Yamaha dealerships at about a 50% saveings. Plus the local shops here didn't stock anything for the Banshee, so I got them quicker from out of state also

Sandstorm

#8 Post by Sandstorm »

Buddah got his for 7694 OTD.. That includes tax at 6.8% and title/registration. They do not charge freight and set up.. Some dealers here are asking up to 600 OTD then the above price..

badvox

#9 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by Sandstorm
Buddah got his for 7694 OTD.. That includes tax at 6.8% and title/registration. They do not charge freight and set up.. Some dealers here are asking up to 600 OTD then the above price..

Try southern california brother its tough down here. Yami and Honda ya have to go to LA Yamaha for deals its just a big ugly wherehouse and they sell dirt cheap in comparison. Everyone else good luck to ya.

For example I went lookin yesterday at Fun Bike Center
LT-R450 $7299 + 7.75% (tax) + $1500 freight and prep

Temecula Motorsports was the same deal. No frickin way brother thats almost $9400 eh eh :no::deal:

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Well, looks like I'm have'n CROW for dinner tonight. Stopped by a local Suzuki shop today, to pick up some bolts to put my RM back together. As I was getting frustrated with the parts department (slow and talking with a group of guys (maybe customers?). I asked about the LTR450. They haven't got thiers in yet, but are expecting them any day. So I asked; How much. It was close to closing and they had brought thier outside display in and all the isles were packed. The one sales man shot over the top of the bikes to get back to the brochures as the other went in his office to look up the price. He came up with the list price (which I figureed he would). I asked what else is added besides Tax. then it came. can't remember exzact numbers, but it totaled out to just under $8500. I made the comment that my son races MX (OK I left off the "USED TO") And he made a quick comment about being able to do something about the Freight and prep. I then picked my jaw up off the floor and told him I would be back next week as I stumbled to the door.

I need to find out if this place is under new management. In 1999 I went in looking for a Banshee for my son and they had a 98 that the salesman said was a demo. He wanted $100 over the list price of a 99 and that was plus tax, title, freight, prep and I belive there was one other charge also. When my son told him we could drive 2 hours and get a new 99 out the door for $500 dollars under list price. He called him a lier. This is the first time I've been back there since then, and with racing a Banshee for three years, you can believe Yamaha has a lot of what used to be my money.