evans coolant...

MyCannibal

evans coolant...

#1 Post by MyCannibal »

ok fellas...just drained my radiator of antifreeze and put evans in there.....filled it to about 1/2 inch below the fill line...started it up and let it warm up...of course the hoses and radiator were not warming up so I burped it by standing the quad on the grab bar. After hoses and radiator were warm i noticed about a 1/2 inch of antifreeze on top of the evans in my coolont bottle....it looks like a tad bit a antifreeze was left in the system....so I ask is this ok?...will it mix?...or do i need to drain it again....?....will the evans overtake the lil bit of green stuff left in there.....i took her for a spin and it looked like it kinda mixed in with evans in my bottle....will it separate when cold again....will the evans just cause this little bit of antifreeze to evaporate?.....thanks.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

That old antifreeze is about half water, and the only way to purge it now, is let it steam off with the cap removed -- you may still have some remaining layer on top, but it shouldn't be a problem.

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

thanks Boomer....you're always there when im in a pinch...so i should just let it idle with cap off for a while...?....i did notice it was steaming a bit when i had the cap off to start.....shoulda never put it back on...live and learn.

Mjollnir

#4 Post by Mjollnir »

It won't mix. Evap the water like boomer said, and I would suggest that if the old coolant comes back to the top, use a vacuum pump or a syringe to get out as much as you can. Evans is supposed to be run alone.

Marc

MyCannibal

#5 Post by MyCannibal »

thanks Marc.

hawksd1

evans

#6 Post by hawksd1 »

Does anyone know where on the west coast you can get evans coolant

MyCannibal

#7 Post by MyCannibal »

i think i got mine from RockyMountain Atv....its been about two years ago though...just got around to putting mine in...lol.smile.gif

Mjollnir

#8 Post by Mjollnir »

You can order from mooneyes.com

CptHook

#9 Post by CptHook »

^^ where I got mine

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

My cost to here is $30/gallon. You can have one for $40 shipped, but Mooneyes or direct may be cheaper.