ENGINE ISSUE.... PLEASE HELP ASAP!

TucsonCannibal

#1 Post by TucsonCannibal »

My piston pin access cover broke at the screw hole. When looking through the parts catalogs, I noticed that there are different part numbers from 2001-2002 to 2003. What is the difference between the years? My crank cartridge plate has two holes with no place to put an o-ring, and the access cover I got has no place to put an o-ring... aren't these holes supposed to be seperated?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (TucsonCannibal @ May 6 2006, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My piston pin access cover broke at the screw hole. When looking through the parts catalogs, I noticed that there are different part numbers from 2001-2002 to 2003. What is the difference between the years? My crank cartridge plate has two holes with no place to put an o-ring, and the access cover I got has no place to put an o-ring... aren't these holes supposed to be seperated?

Even without the oring they are relying on a very close fit between the parts to seal (good enough) . The later plates had the extra oring groove machined for a worry free fit. Personnally I dont think its an issue to be concerned about. If there is a leakage it will be very minor. Unless the bolts come loose. You should eb able to intermix those parts without issue.