First time quad and Dale owner

Baart

First time quad and Dale owner

#1 Post by Baart »

Hey everyone. I have been wanting a quad for about a year, and I have been waiting because I wasnt sure what I wanted. I knew I didnt want a Raptor, rode my friends several times. I was thinking of Cannondale, KFX/Z 400, Predator, or Gas Gas 300 or 450EFI. I went to D&D Powersports and they let me test ride an 02 Speed on a track they had. I have years of experience on sleds, but only quad experience was on the Raptor. I was impressed with the handling and confidence with which I could ride the Speed. I bought it yesterday. I was aware of the Chapter 11 situation, but I had to buy it anyway. I dont feel its faster than his Raptor, but it is fast and I can ride it more aggressively than the Raptor without worrying about flipping it over or such. He loves it. He thinks it might be faster. I guess I am just not used to the high revs and so perhaps I am just not maximizing the potential of it. Anyways I feel I made the right choice. Only had one problem on it yesterday on my first ride. It stalled and wouldnt try to start. thought a branch from a downed tree knocked a wire off below the frame. Lights worked. Tried to push start it in first and nothing. Almost thought it was seized or something cause it wouldnt turn the engine or try to fire. We were about to tow it when I saw a wire dangling from the clutch......plugged it in an problem solved. That was a relief. Anyhow I am interested in other peoples opinions and suggestions......is there anything that I should check on the quad right away. I bought an Arctic Cat F-7 and there were issues with that. I just want to make the most out of my new ride. Anyone in the Syracuse NY area with a Dale? Well I apolgize for the lengthy post, I am just pysched that a got such a fine machine. I feel I cant ride it enough. Time to go ride it some more! Thanks