Cannondale Production Numbers (w/ S1000 ECU)

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I have been working on trying to clean up the dyno spec sheets and I came up with some interesting numbers. I totaled all the cleaned up data and I got the following production numbers. Remember, that these are S1000 computer equipped bikes only. I don't know much about the bikes but on the quads, the only bikes that went out with a S500 computer was FX400s & a an unknown number of Cannibals, (I think a few Speeds as well but less than 20).

Cannibal - 2091
Speed - 852
Glamis - 60
Blaze - 201
Moto - 257
Total ATV 3461

X440 - 678
E440 - 444
C440 - 205
S440 - 52
Total M/C 1377

Also, remember, we have had some bikes not show up at all on the sheets. If any one has a bike and they know it has not shown up on the sheets, please pm me with the VIN and model and I will add it to the sheets. I know (Canniboomer) Dave has had a few that I haven't found.

What do you think?

banzairx7

#2 Post by banzairx7 »

I think if cannondale made quads from the get go instead of bikes they'd still be here.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

Kdeal, do you have the full version of the dyno sheets or the version that you can download from cannondaler?

383astro

#4 Post by 383astro »

I am new here and was wondering what all this is about? Was all the quads dynoed? I have a cannibal. Can I see what mine dynoed at? Thanks

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

You can download the excel file at http://www.cannondaler.com/manuals.php

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jun 15 2006, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kdeal, do you have the full version of the dyno sheets or the version that you can download from cannondaler?

I have those plus some that I have scraped up over time. There is a ton of errors in the sheets. i have been playing with the data for over a year and still don't have it completely clean. I am in the process of putting it all in an Access database to be able to search by any criteria (ei: date, time, vin #, etc). In the last few days I have been trying to figure out why there are so many prefixes on each sheet. I know that they have Cannibals as Motos & Speeds etc. This is what I have been trying to decifer to get more accurate numbers of production. You can't use the last numbers of the VIN to judge the first or last bike made, it's not accurate. I found a Public document the other day that got me to thinking and I resorted the data and came up with the numbers I posted above. It makes more sense, and I am trying to add in any missing numbers. I have only had about 2-3 VINs I could not find so far. The spreadsheet is hugh and over 12 different pages so far......

Sand_Blaster

#7 Post by Sand_Blaster »

This is pretty intresting. Thanks for doing this. smile.gif

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

What's even more interesting is the failure rate on the line.

I have copied below the stats:

3933 dyno files, but only 3461 ATV's tested. (472 failed at least the first time) Worst: Glamis (almost 50% redos) Best: Blaze only 8 redos out of 201 Quads.

1540 dyno files, but only 1375 Motorcycles tested. (165 failed) Worst X440 (129 out of 678), Best E440 (21 out of 440)

What's surprising is the low numbers on all but the two main bikes (Cannibal & X440)

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

That could just mean they had to tweak the settings to get it to run right.Ideally they would just put the flowrate and leakage in and be good to go since they knew those before quad was ever run.Cant think of any other issue that would come up that soon.

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

When you say "redo", depending on the standards set at that time, that could be a good thing. If they weren't producing the numbers that they wanted, wouldn't they fail them and then go back and tweak something or fine tune something? I would want a quad that was thoroughly tested and checked for quality as opposed to a quad that passed loose standards. Am I making any sense? If I am, does that apply to these dyno runs?