Cannondale Production Numbers (w/ S1000 ECU)

kdeal

#21 Post by kdeal »

Boomer,

I have 4 different serial number prefixes for 2003 Cannibals:

5b6bd313
5b6bd31g
5b6fd313
5b6fd31g

Is it possible you mean the last two with FD in the serial numbers? If so, the quantity of tests are as follows:

5b6fd313 162
5b6fd31g 295

When you count duplicates it would be around 400 total with those serials.

Canniboomer

#22 Post by Canniboomer »

Re Glamis, 1 of 60 is better for us, thanks for clarifying AGAIN.

Re '03 Cannibals, I had a typo, and just meant "31" not "11".. but the point is, the FD seems to indicate the early 2003 LE model -- the VIN number of LE's seen here (about 5) have shown "FD" and not "BD", and all have needed the crankcase venting update, again indicating earliest production of that year.

hawksd1

#23 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Aug 26 2006, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Re Glamis, 1 of 60 is better for us, thanks for clarifying AGAIN.

Re '03 Cannibals, I had a typo, and just meant "31" not "11".. but the point is, the FD seems to indicate the early 2003 LE model -- the VIN number of LE's seen here (about 5) have shown "FD" and not "BD", and all have needed the crankcase venting update, again indicating earliest production of that year.

Hey dave Im number 25 on a list of only 60 exclusive glamis owners ...where are you on the list!!! Maybe we should have our own forum..."Glamis riders.com" lol

Canniboomer

#24 Post by Canniboomer »

1 of 1 vin 006, #2 off the line, 80 hours, stock, ran great no issues, and now retired for a rebuild
1 of 2 vin 016, latest one, new from dealer lot
1 of 2 vin 017, latest one, new on pallet crate
1 of 2 vin 019, latest one, ran at least 150 hours before crank gave out, and now has 50 hours since an early timbo stroker low-end rebuild for customer, without a needed head dissection -- it's now making an upper knock sound, and waiting a head rebuild -- but it's been a superb machine!
1 of 2 vin 026, Jordy of Utah's ex bike, running good with an ATK 450 and reportedly a one-only z400 bearing installed by Cord at the time, and by special request, not verified (stator seal leaking after a few hours, but no operating troubles and 30 hours since the rebuild)

That's 5 here, and I would surely be banned from any new site for having all of these!! (I'm banned from the bedroom already).

I also know of the later vin 018, which ran 120 hours before the crank gave out, and since then has run great for about 1-1/2 years since a timbo stroker lower-end rebuild, and a mere valve adjustment for a local customer.

I think Jerry Gomex in So-cal had a long-term good stock one, or two.

Sadly, for every ATK that is produced, a Cannondale has given the ultimate sacrifice: loss of identity, and masking of it's rightful heritage. That just makes all of these more rare, like Hudsons, Studebakers, DeSotos, and DeLoreans.

It would be nice to get a turned-over listing from ATK, so we can note the conversions, and get a better idea of how many remain of each model. It's not their fault that they have to cannibalize the Cannibals, but a recorded history would pay due respect to our breed.

I hope we quit parting these out, or at least report it to kdeal for recording of the new owner if you do,.... I have heard he has a large hard disk, and lots more columns available on the spreadsheets! rolleyes.gif

kdeal

#25 Post by kdeal »

Boomer,

I was thinking of starting a Cannondale registry, what do you think? It would be a little work, but it would prove what's still out there.

azcannon

#26 Post by azcannon »

I think thats a great Idea K and would be glad to report all the ones that come through my garage for service

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that is a great idea.Any dale we see take the number and register it.I could get the numbers of all the Dales sold at shop also.About 25 I only know where 3 are now.

kdeal

#28 Post by kdeal »

I'm ready but we need some ideas on what info to use. I'm suggesting:

VIN & motor #
Year & model
Owner's name
City & state

We would also need to have some sort of contact information, BUT I think it would be best to keep that private if someone inquired. I could foward information to the owner for someone else w/o giving out the contact info. Then if the owner wanted to correspond they could.

What do you think, any other ideas?

Canniboomer

#29 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, we could likely get records for several hundred anyway, and quite easy to add any offered notes, ATK conversions, part-outs to the unknown, stolen alerts, etc -- all in a single spreadsheet that anybody could access -- that's great info to gradually assemble. A posted form with a quick reply link, in the format of your choice may be convenient at your end.

bknight

#30 Post by bknight »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Aug 26 2006, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 of 1 vin 006, #2 off the line, 80 hours, stock, ran great no issues, and now retired for a rebuild
1 of 2 vin 016, latest one, new from dealer lot
1 of 2 vin 017, latest one, new on pallet crate
1 of 2 vin 019, latest one, ran at least 150 hours before crank gave out, and now has 50 hours since an early timbo stroker low-end rebuild for customer, without a needed head dissection -- it's now making an upper knock sound, and waiting a head rebuild -- but it's been a superb machine!
1 of 2 vin 026, Jordy of Utah's ex bike, running good with an ATK 450 and reportedly a one-only z400 bearing installed by Cord at the time, and by special request, not verified (stator seal leaking after a few hours, but no operating troubles and 30 hours since the rebuild)

That's 5 here, and I would surely be banned from any new site for having all of these!! (I'm banned from the bedroom already).

I also know of the later vin 018, which ran 120 hours before the crank gave out, and since then has run great for about 1-1/2 years since a timbo stroker lower-end rebuild, and a mere valve adjustment for a local customer.

I think Jerry Gomex in So-cal had a long-term good stock one, or two.

Sadly, for every ATK that is produced, a Cannondale has given the ultimate sacrifice: loss of identity, and masking of it's rightful heritage. That just makes all of these more rare, like Hudsons, Studebakers, DeSotos, and DeLoreans.

It would be nice to get a turned-over listing from ATK, so we can note the conversions, and get a better idea of how many remain of each model. It's not their fault that they have to cannibalize the Cannibals, but a recorded history would pay due respect to our breed.

I hope we quit parting these out, or at least report it to kdeal for recording of the new owner if you do,.... I have heard he has a large hard disk, and lots more columns available on the spreadsheets! rolleyes.gif

kdeal good job thank you
boomer mines # 14 darn its on 2 times