Jumping /*** End

Lippy15

#1 Post by Lippy15 »

When jumping the *** end of the quad wants to and does kick out on me. At first I though it was possibly the tire pressure until I doubled checked the pressure and It was even all around.
It's a little scary and dangerous having the back end come out on you when your jumping it.
What might be the problem??What should I check??Swing Arm Bearings??

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

Check and see if you have a stripped hub.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I too have noticed this issue with my moto. It seemed that if I let off the gas a split second sooner before the rear tires left the jump it helped keep it straight. I had a tendancy to not let off and one tire would get a little more thrust causing the quad to change the direction it was pointed on the longer jumps. I too thought it was something in the quad. Check the axle and swingarm bearings anyway. Also measure your tires circumference with the same air pressure in each. I have seen holeshots that were way off.

tat

#4 Post by tat »

Is this on all jumps or just a certain one? Could be the take off on the jump. Try a different body position, try letting off the gas later and try to adjust it with your body.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Whatever it is please take the time to figure it out.Worst possible scenario on a quad is being crossed up like that in the air.Very hard to correct before landing.It could also be that it is just kicking and happens to go one way.Have you adjusted your rebound?I also had this issue from my sprocket/disc guard digging in at top of jump.Cut them off just a bit before center of disc so they still work but dont drag.

4strokemadman

#6 Post by 4strokemadman »

Is it kicking to the left side or right side? If it is your rebound damping may be too slow. Try backing off a couple of clicks at a time. If the backend is coming straight up and causing you to nose dive, your rear rebound is too quick/and or your compression damping is too light.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (4strokemadman @ Sep 13 2006, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it kicking to the left side or right side? If it is your rebound damping may be too slow. Try backing off a couple of clicks at a time. If the backend is coming straight up and causing you to nose dive, your rear rebound is too quick/and or your compression damping is too light.

I'm with him! biggrin.gif

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 13 2006, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with him! biggrin.gif

It helps that he designed the quad in the first place.....LOL. I would love an hour of fourstroke madman's time just to here what he thinks of the bikes now. I'm trying to get him to come to the group ride but he has a pretty tight schedule that weekend. I hope he can make it for Saturday sometime. I heard through the grapevine, that as many as 3 more heavy hitters are possibly showing up (no not me, Wistech & Derno...LOL). This should be the best group ride turn-out since some of the ones at Jay's place. So bring your game face, a good lawn chair and plenty of beer for Derno.....

biggrin.gif

Lippy15

#9 Post by Lippy15 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 13 2006, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It helps that he designed the quad in the first place.....LOL. I would love an hour of fourstroke madman's time just to here what he thinks of the bikes now. I'm trying to get him to come to the group ride but he has a pretty tight schedule that weekend. I hope he can make it for Saturday sometime. I heard through the grapevine, that as many as 3 more heavy hitters are possibly showing up (no not me, Wistech & Derno...LOL). This should be the best group ride turn-out since some of the ones at Jay's place. So bring your game face, a good lawn chair and plenty of beer for Derno.....

biggrin.gif

It wants to kick out to the left...I thought it was just me until another racer took it for a ride and noticed it right away.
It happens on just about every jump.

It wants to kick out to the left...I thought it was just me until another racer took it for a ride and noticed it right away.
It happens on just about every jump. ohmy.gif

It happens on just about every jump.

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

Check your front tire pressures also, and make sure your compression and rebound on your front shocks are equal side to side.