AVGAS

ABM-CANNIBAL

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I just got my motor and will be installing it this weekend. It is a 97mm CP Piston, Timbo Stroker & Ported. I wanted to get opinions from some C-Dale builders on what they think about using AVGas. I live near two small airports and AVGas is easy to get. I live 30-45 miniutes away from the closest city that sells race fuel. I have read a bunch of post on atvriders and other forums and it pretty much goes both ways. I wanted to see if this would be ok because I bet there will be times I want to ride and need gas. The city with the race gas is 30 min. North of me and where I sometimes ride is 30 min. South of me. If AVGas is bad or hurts performance, I will just have to make sure I have a few 5 gal. of race gas always on hand.

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

AVgas is designed with additives for use at much higher altitudes and colded temperatures. Stick with race gas. It's like the a high performance snowmobile and a race quad. Both are fast and strong, but I wouldn't want to race a snowmobile around a MX track.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I agree . Use the fuel your engine was designed for.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Timbo usually recommends the pump gas motors(premium)you should ask him what yours was made for.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

was made for 50/50 pump/race gas.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#6 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Thanks for your guys opinion. I mostly wanted to see if anyone here was using it. I will make sure and use 50/50 pump/race gas since alot of the stuff I read showed that AVGas would work but would hurt performance and throttle response. Don't want that now do we.