Here You Go Guys

MyCannibal

#11 Post by MyCannibal »

yeah trip out on this...I had my quad (thank god not the dale)in the back of my truck and it went over 150 foot cliff behind my house...insurance covered the truck but not the ATV...they said that since the quad was used for recreational use they wouldnt cover it...and this happened on my property too...homeowners insurance wouldnt cover it...I was left with a mangled quad with a bent frame...

aroracer72

#12 Post by aroracer72 »

Wait...i think i didnt read everything the first time.....did you get in this wreck...the while towing it on your trailer or in the back of your truck you got in a car accident and further mangled the quad????
If so thats bad luck big time and sorry for the semi harsh words!
Chad

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

cant get link to work for some reason dry.gif

CDaleChick

#14 Post by CDaleChick »

the quad was at first in a car wreck..my quad was in the back of my truck with the tailgate down and a lady rear ended my truck with an SUV fairly hard. The quad got pretty messed up from that. We got it together for a temporary fix to see what needed to be reported to the insurance. Since the lady was driving a company truck and rear ended my truck and she was at fault..the insurance said the quad could be included.

what we didnt realize is that the wreck must have affected the motor as well... thats when this wreck that you see here happened when we were seeing if it was going to be ok. The times before I never could try it out because there was so much stuff messed up and falling apart..so we pieced it together enough and then the motor went kaput on me. For those of you who have never had a motor lock up on you on a track unexpectedly...it is SCARY. The whole thought of it makes me shake really bad.

Again I want to say thanks for all the help I have received on here. I hope there is no hard feelings and I hope that when I get my career started I can get my Cannondale going again... until then I am going to try to finish school and keep on going.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

ok, now i am going to sound like an a-hole. Sorry but if the motor was not cracked then the crank shouldn't have been damaged. All in and, I am still sorry for the accidents, sucks big time. But, if you are not going to be using the quad for what all the parts were donated then you should send them back to where they might get used.

Its not a huge deal you not using them, but you shouldn't keep it after all the work people put into getting them to you.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Although I have already said my piece on this matter I will say it again. The engine and all part donated to Kara race effort were exactly that . Donated All parts/labor for the engine donated by Timbomoose,Black Widow ,Canniboomer,Rporter ,myself and others were given to Kara for her effort to at least have a running engine for the 2006 season and show that a Cannondale can still compete with the new 450's. I think Kara showed everyone with her outstanding race results that the goal was accomplished.
Because I have not been able to get my hands on the engine myself to do a detailed teardown and analasis I cannot comment on the actual cause of the failure . Maybe the crank was damaged in the impact and a crack started in it. Maybe it had a crack forming all along and its just a coincedence that it happened to break immediatly after the accident. I dont know. I do remember her saying that the swingarm pivot bolt had to be cut out of the engine because it was bent from the car accident. That must have been one heck of an impact to bend that bolt. Who knows what it did to the case or shock load was transfered to the internal parts. I will not assume anything .
In the end if Kara does not continue to race the quad she should not expect or ask for any further assistance from the Cannondale community if she will not represent it. I sympathize with the turn of events at how the season ended up and the reasons why she decided to change her choice of ride. I would be happy to repair the engine but without representation I will have to treat her just like any other customer and she will have to pay for the repairs.
As far as the quad itself if there are parts on it that were borrowed or loaned then I would agree they should be returned to the rightfull owners if there are any. As far as I am concerned we are square .

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

And now you know the rest of the story.

GDITheman

#18 Post by GDITheman »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Feb 8 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now you know the rest of the story.

I must be missing something. What is the rest of the story?