Here You Go Guys

CDaleChick

#1 Post by CDaleChick »

Click Here

Here is the "proof" of what happened.... Just for the non believers. This was after the car accident and we had scrounged some spare parts to see all what else was wrong with the quad..well I guess I found out..... Its a little bit down on my myspace

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

I don't get it, what does this prove? Noone doubts you had an accident. That crash sucks, I have been there done that and it hurts.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

What the hey kind of crash was that girl?Your motor was running right up to the point where you slammed into the second jump and lost control.Was it losing power or something before the first jump?Cause you sure werent positioned right for the second one.Ouch!

CDaleChick

#4 Post by CDaleChick »

some people were insinuating that my quad wasnt involved in a car accident nor that the motor locked up and that I was screwing people over and just taking parts from them and then "ditching the quad"...the sound kind of sux in the video because I had to film it from the parents big screen tv...but the motor locked up right on the take off of the little roller (the crank broke in half) that made me lose control because of it locking up with no warning. It started revving by itself really crazy like then it died and thats why we were all bent out of shape all over the place. Before that section there was no warning of this happening.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

How do you know the crank broke in half? That would be a freakish thing to have happen. Has someone torn into the motor?

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

better off to just let the entire thing die instead of dragging it up again. So what if you were in an accident and then then next race your motor locked up. I think every racer has destroyed a motor somewhere along the road. If you have people helping you out though, you don't ditch the entire effort. Stick to your commitments you had for the season. Maybe you didn't have a contract or anything, but you should have carried it through for the year. I may not know the entire story but this is what I have seen and what people perceive the situation as carries more wait then what it really is. Let it die and save a little face.

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Ship the motor to wistech, we want a report!

CDaleChick

#8 Post by CDaleChick »

all we did was crack the motor open to see what had happened so I could report to the insurance. The crank was broken in half..right now the motor is at my parents house where the quad is sitting. I will try to remember to get a picture of it so I can send to everyone. For now, everything is staying put until my dad helps me get a lawyer to get the insurance settled from the car accident.

I dont know how I could have carried out a full season....the axle, wheels, shocks, plastics, subframe, steering stem, and motor got totally messed up. I would have had to replace ALL of that stuff to get the quad back to how it should be. The reason why I got the Suzuki? They could finance me and I had a quad to finish the season out on. I was back to borrowing quads after the car accident. The insurance that is dealing with the car accident case that I am in is known to give you the run-around...so I still havent gotten my money to fix that quad yet. That is another reason why I had to go on and get another quad. If it wouldnt have been for the car wreck, I would still be on that Cannondale..and you can bet your butt I would be proud of it too.

You guys were the ones all pissed off because I never told everyone and their mother what happened. That is why I am bringing this up again. I had heard snatches from people on IM or myspace about people saying I just ditched my quad, and they hadnt even known about the car wreck...So I wanted to get everything straight.

For the ones who had helped me I do want to say thanks again..it was one **** of a quad and one **** of a ride. I cant believe my bad luck that I had to get rear ended with the quad in the truck. I will never forget anyone who had helped me... you guys were great and you cant ask for a better bunch of people to help a college age racer. I hope I will be able to do the same one day when I get through with college. You guys, even though some of yall will probably always be mad at me, have been great friends. Thanks again.

Also someone asked for me to post my results. In the STQRA series, I won almost every race (I got beaten outright in one round, then there was a race I got fourth in and thats when I raced on my Suzuki bone stock and they just allowed me to roll because I didnt have the nerfs or killswitch yet.. also in the second moto a girl had gotten ran into and she ended up getting ran over...I jumped off my quad and lifted the other quad off of her and made sure she was ok and that she was receiving medical attention before I continued the race.) I ended up winning the overall for the year for STQRA. I also raced a partial season of the GCQRA races and won every one I had entered to get me a 2nd place overall for that series.

Last of all, I am not blaming the motor builder for what happened to the motor..I believe it was totally from the car accident...I am not accusing anyone for anything at all! I was so happy with how it ran and everyone could tell it had a lot more power than it did before. You would have been amazed at the power the quad put out there and the holeshots it could pull. Thanks John!!! I still brag about that motor you built!

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

It says on your myspace your quad is totalled????.......thats not totalled.....that was a pretty decent crash..what 2nd???.....3rd gear???........and that hard packed dirt shure felt great i bet!!!!(ouch).....but thyats far from totalled.......all that could have done was messed your bars....stem.......some cracked/scratched plastic......torn seat...and maybe some other slight scars here and there...and thats not near totalled.

Have a motor lock up on a 80ft triple and bail off and have your bike land upside down on the face of the third hump..and youll see totalled(this happened to me on my rm125 a few years back)

After typing all of this i just realized i sound like im bashing you....which im trying not too.....just trying to get you optimistic. Its not that bad.......sounds like you havnt had a crash before or soemthing cause that type of crash happens 3-4 times a season and i usually have one really bad one(were i take the damage not the quad....lol).

And on top of it you already havea replacement quad soo, yeah!....and your waiting for insurance to handle it???.......i didnt think people even insured race quads in that manner....we ride, break, and replace stuff....or wait forever cause we have no money or support to fix them......sounds like all in all you got away pretty easy on this which is great and wish we all could!!!!

Good luck racing though and enjoy the suzuki..there pretty sweet quads
Chad

toothandnail

#10 Post by toothandnail »

I think she did as most anyone else would have done in her position.

As far as the ins. it is the responsibilitly of the other persons ins. to put her stuff ,no matter what it is, back in the same condition it was before the accident. If you fix anything before that happens you are pretty much out of luck, we've just settled one that happened 4 1/2 yrs ago, if you don't think thats a pain to have a $4000.00 mangled quad setting around for that long mad.gif . So unless you have mucho-denaro laying around you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Good Luck C-Dale Chick