whats with atk

rancid

#1 Post by rancid »

so whats atk doing with the cannondales, how long they going to make them. how long will they get no real changes. we need plastic. are they makeing parts, why are they so much money. i know there nice machines, but thats just to steep.

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

I live by ATK. I had high hopes especially since they are in my back yard. I went there several times. I supported them on the net. I desperatly wanted them to succeed and move foward. Boy was I ever wrong!!! They have no tooling of any kind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NONE!!!! They simply are parts builder living off of table scraps. My brother and a few friends laugh everytime somebody at the dunes brings up ATK. They sold their machines due to what was never ever gonna happen.. I only keep mine, because it is very unique and BW is 10 minutes from my house..

Suzuki announced how many LTR's sold in 06. Ya think Frank would want to say he sold like three quads and a bike in 06.. LMFAO!!!! You can't sell what you don't have.. I want Frank to see this and respond to his sales of his 06 machines.

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

It is kind of strange. I gave up on them. I earned quite a chunk of contingency money and nobody will even help me from ATK on it. I mention it and they say they'll transfer me on the phone and nobody ever answers or they don't answer at all/never return calls. I tried to get my frame vin plate and went through everything; never showed up. Kept calling and they wouldn't give me one anymore.

They took off in a good way and even helped me out on a warranty issue, but after that first year, it just faded to nothing. I don't have much faith in them anymore. I will most likely be racing a Suzuki at the national level next year b/c I can't get support from sponsors on mine and ATK won't give any racing help. They claim to but never do as I've seen. I've been able to get sponsors, but nothing more than discounts and small parts. Switching over brands will get me a LOT more and is proving to. If ATK stepped up to the plate for real then I'm sure stuff like this wouldn't happen. I've heard of others switching for the same reasons.

Lippy91

#4 Post by Lippy91 »

What's going on with Dinli ?? I was holding out hope that they may come out a 450 and parts would interchange with our Dales.
It seems like the Cannondale market is shrinking fast. Every time you go to the For Sale section someone new is parting out their dale.
It won't be long now at this rate of parting.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Lippy91 @ Dec 28 2006, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems like the Cannondale market is shrinking fast. Every time you go to the For Sale section someone new is parting out their dale.
It won't be long now at this rate of parting.

You should see the cannondale market in my area though. Growing!! Well, most are at the same 2 houses though. smile.gif I think Mark has 5 now. EEK!! I am on my 3rd. If people want to keep parting them out thats fine...that just means cheaper parts for the rest of us. That is the nature of the quad beast. There is always a turn over rate. There are years left before this becomes a real problem for the parts market.

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

ATK is a joke....end of story

A community of 40 people accomplished more then a manufacturer...thats pathetic
Chad

joedirt

#7 Post by joedirt »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ Dec 28 2006, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is kind of strange. I gave up on them. I earned quite a chunk of contingency money and nobody will even help me from ATK on it. I mention it and they say they'll transfer me on the phone and nobody ever answers or they don't answer at all/never return calls. I tried to get my frame vin plate and went through everything; never showed up. Kept calling and they wouldn't give me one anymore.

They took off in a good way and even helped me out on a warranty issue, but after that first year, it just faded to nothing. I don't have much faith in them anymore. I will most likely be racing a Suzuki at the national level next year b/c I can't get support from sponsors on mine and ATK won't give any racing help. They claim to but never do as I've seen. I've been able to get sponsors, but nothing more than discounts and small parts. Switching over brands will get me a LOT more and is proving to. If ATK stepped up to the plate for real then I'm sure stuff like this wouldn't happen. I've heard of others switching for the same reasons.

Just curious...what is Suzuki doin for you? I know a few people that are top 20 at the national level and they still pay for their quads and only get discounts on parts. From what I've seen over the years it's very hard to get stuff for free from any sponsor or manufacturer.
Not that I'm sticking up for ATK just want to know.

Delaware152

#8 Post by Delaware152 »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Dec 28 2006, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious...what is Suzuki doin for you? I know a few people that are top 20 at the national level and they still pay for their quads and only get discounts on parts. From what I've seen over the years it's very hard to get stuff for free from any sponsor or manufacturer.
Not that I'm sticking up for ATK just want to know.

I think what he probably meant was help from a Suzuki dealer not Factory Suzuki. I know some dealers are selling bikes at cost and getting a parts allowance or taking additional money off the quad. You can also get factory parts at a discount. Are there any ATK dealers that can set a rider up to do this?

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

ATK actually published a contigency program. They said that if an ATK rider finishes ...yada yada...they will pay X amount in parts discounts etc.... They just forget to do this I guess.

joedirt

#10 Post by joedirt »

I've never dealt with ATK but if they offer a contingency program they should make good on it.