My wife made me do it.........

wistech

#51 Post by wistech »

MY WIFE MADE ME DO IT AGAIN. I still have the old one because its been such a good truck but she said she wants something less old and grungy . 200k in wisconsin took its toll . I couldnt find a Caddy EXT but this fits the bill. God I love the air conditioned seats tongue.gif

wistech

#52 Post by wistech »

WOW look how the trees have grown from the first photo to the latest. 9 years later.

polyesterpig

#53 Post by polyesterpig »

Can???t go wrong with a gm full size truck. I have always liked that truck style. I always buy 2500hd gm???s. The only thing I do is change the fluids and they last forever. I get over 100k before needing brakes! I keep them for about 10-12 years. Never change the plugs or wires, but I do change the air filter. That???s it! Nice looking truck congratulations

wistech

#54 Post by wistech »

Yes the 2004 Avalanche has been a good truck . It got its first and last set of plugs at 140k. Front wheel bearings at 180K. Stepper motors for the instrument cluster as all GM's needed. 1 water pump, the knock sensors due to water intrusion. Brake lines. Even at 200k it doesnt leak a drop of oil. I really wanted to run it another year but the wiscosnin salt bath has got the best of the underside and Karen insists on a replacement. This next Avalanche will be bathed in fluid film before every winter. THe modern features like air conditioned seats,thumping bose system ,automatic ride control and remote start are what drew me to this one. Not really a fan of the 22" wheels . Although they are not damaged they might not like what I do to them. I might get a set of 18 or 19 inchers for more sidewall.