My wife made me do it.........

wistech

#41 Post by wistech »

Just got in from a 450 mile trip. The truck computer read 18.4mpg and my manual tank to tank measured 19.88 mpg. I am in shock that a 6000 pound truck can get that kind of mileage.
Yesterday I wrigged up the truck to tow the trailer to the races. Pulled it like nothin.

First time on a banked oval. Uhg. Apparently you need to set up the quad for turning and have some skill to race. They didn't have a c or b class for begginers so I got to run in the pro open. Just like before I learned to drag race I got smoked so bad it was laughable. That was the first time in 2 years I had ever run the 505 with the duals uncorked. It was quite the tire shredder. I'll have to get a lowered rear shock, good front tires, do an alignment to the lowered arms, adjust the sway bar, change the bars, lower foot pegs, change the gearing and get about 50 races of practice. Then I think I might have a chance to run with some of the slower guys. Maybe ohmy.gif

I had fun though. All the quad guys were pretty cool.

cannondale27

#42 Post by cannondale27 »

Glad to hear you got out racing again! Those oval and TT guys spend years on getting thier setups right. Its even hard to duplicate them with thier help since they are always tweaking. I bet it won't take long and you will be right in the hunt again.

wistech

#43 Post by wistech »

The warm weather blues have left the building.... laugh.gif
We gots some good snow, the quads are paddled up, the sleds are rebuilt and the Avalanche is one 4x4 mutha. Already got warned by the police across the street for bustin over the sidewalk, a snow bank and through the front yard......apparently that's not approved of in the city limits. I felt like I was in motard mode. LOL Its my first truck so I gots to see what it can do.

MX Quad Dad

#44 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Back when I got my first 4x4 truck I did something simular. didn't have to worry about the police but, they would have been easier on me than the wife. Had to be a year we got an early snow and no frost in the ground. It didn't help that she is the one that cuts the grass, but its going on thirty years now and every time I need to cross the lawn with anything other than the mower its like it just happened yesterday

wistech

#45 Post by wistech »

Karen could care less about the lawn. When she was learning how to use the auto clutch she forgot to release the parking brake on her Moto and did a sweet 20 foot burni in the grass. She thought it was funny. Well its still snowing and looks like we are getting at least a foot here today. I tried doing a tazmanian devil spin in the parking lot at work but it looks like the Avalanche has too long a wheel base to get it to rotate in one spot so it just drifts.

Its a zoo out on the lake. Quads and sleds rippin it up pretty good. The formula 583 doesn't have anything on my 670 except for the studded track. I was going to hook up with Dirty Tony and see how they do against his new Nitro but couldn't find him on the lake.
Going back out tonight.

Happyboy

#46 Post by Happyboy »

Have fun up there you northerners!! Just remember be careful, we want you all around here next year as well. Yes I am talking to the person who actually has had a quad sink in the frozen lake before!

wistech

#47 Post by wistech »

Well you know how things go. Last night the drifts were so deep a guy hit a stump when he went into a marshy area that he shouldn't have. Broke 8 ribs. I almost rolled Karen's sled last night right out of the garage climbing over a drift. Overkill is coming over in a few minutes and hopefully he will take it easy as he hasn't riden a sled in a very long time. We will try to be carefull. ohmy.gif

wistech

#48 Post by wistech »

Wow Happyboy you might be on to something. The drifts became huge and the snow had 2 inches of slush under it. I stopped once to trade machines and couldn't get started again. I went around to the front of the sled to pull a ski over and one foot broke through the ice. It must have been a thin spot from the current on the lake. I boogied it around to the ohter side of the sled and had Overkill throw me a tow strap to yank the sled free. So we could get moving. The only other time we stopped out there was to assist a another guy whose triple burned a cyllinder. I popped a plug out and we got it running on good enough for the tow sled to at least get it off the lake. It was awsome but scary out there. Just like duning and jet skiing combined. Keep the track spinning at about 45mph and you could do maybe 20 -25 just to bog through the powder. Drifts were spaced about 30 feet apart so you could get a perfect rythum going. It was just like wake jumping the jet ski's. Sorry no pics. Didn't take a camara and was too dark for the cell phone.

kdeal

#49 Post by kdeal »

Come on John. Get an HD Pro camera for the helmet and HID's for the sled! laugh.gif

On second thought wear the helmet cam all the time so we can see the Wistech reality show. You could make a fortune! You and Ozzy! ohmy.gif

jesshamner

#50 Post by jesshamner »

I thought wistech had a helmet cam already. We definitely need to see some video.