My wife made me do it.........

jesshamner

#31 Post by jesshamner »

It doesn't matter to Ken. Rally champion and owner of DC shoes. I think he has a few bucks to throw at a few sets of custom wheels. That funny thing is...judging by all the black marks on the tarmac, he had probably already gone through a set or 2 before they got the good shot.

claas900

#32 Post by claas900 »

I saw one about a year ago and to make the video they said it took 4 sets or tires to make. Just Insane. I want to drive that thing to work.

MX Quad Dad

#33 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 17 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe.I have never heard of a 3/4ton Avalanche.To me good ride is when you can rest your head against the backrest without it being bounced so you can easily sleep and you can open a soda can without the stuff being shook out until you take a few drinks.Never rode in a 3/4ton that accomplished that even with a load in it.

For me none of the DBL cabs that have 5 or 5.5ft boxes make sense since if you put the tailgate down to haul a quad in back then you cant haul a trailer since tailgate is in way.Even without trailer would need a net or extender to keep stuff in bed,

well, if you ask me, unless you buy a HD, superduty or whatever dodge calls thiers, all you are getting is a 1/2 ton with eight lug wheels. I have never rode in a 1/2 ton AVY but this one was a 2500 and rode nice. besides I dont think you can get the 8.1 in a 1500. pickup or AVY. most standard 3/4 ton trucks don't have the dual tappered bearing in the hubs like the Hd's. I had a 78 3/4 ton GMC and I believe it was 9500 gvw. most standard 3/4 tons now are 8400 gvw.

Steve; All I can say about the short boxes on the crew cabs is....... BREATHE...... laugh.gif All kidding aside, I have an 05 with the 5'6" bed. I have that truck for towing the quads, vacations for me and the wife and for special ocations. most of the time only 2 quads are in the trailor. I enjoy that truck alot and even though i have been told the new ones are suposed to have the full 6' box, i haven't even checked them out. back in the 90s you rarely ever saw a four door pickup and most were duallys and not loaded down like a caddy.

well it seems the automakers built trucks a lot of people liked and as far as the bed length, they goofed. if I remember correctly (which I may be wrong) it was you that said toyota went to the 5'6" bed after being the only one to make the 6' bed on a crew cab. So were did they get thier info I wonder?

UpsMan

#34 Post by UpsMan »

Steve might not answer real quick. He nailed a tree good today at a harescramble. The cannondale doesn't look very good and neither does his face!! I'm sure he'll be on here soon with pics!

dalewannbe

#35 Post by dalewannbe »

Yikes, hopefully 27 is ok.

MX Quad Dad

#36 Post by MX Quad Dad »

sorry to hear that. Hope he's OK

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

I am fine just a good blackeye and bruising everywhere else. Got lucky. Thanks guys

Yes Toyota went to a 5 ft box on their dbl cabs after having a full 6ft on older dbl cabs. Must just be what the majority of people want. Toyota did lose some sales over that move though.

MX Quad Dad

#38 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Glad to hear your ok and is the dale repairable?

I would say Toyota was watching what thier compitition was doing rather than listening to thier customers. I would have a hard time believeing the crewcab customers would complain about the truck being a foot longer, but, who knows? lots of morons out there

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks for concern. Appreciate it.

Yes I just dont get why. They must have thought the moveable rear seat was more important.

I haven't dug into the quad yet but I did finish 2nd 1/2 of the race on it after crash so it cant be that bad. The HID's got it and the fenders are broke, riser bolts bent and the bars easily rotate in clamp now so not sure what happened there. I don't run my tether for Harescrambles but may reconsider. I went off to the right and quad went end for end to the left in the brush coming to rest upside down against a tree and running at about 1/2 throttle. Brush was so thick I could not flip it back over and bars covered the key switch. Had a heck of a time pulling the tether since it was wrapped around the bars. Oil was being pumped out pretty fast. Will be interesting to see how much came out unsure.gif

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

I wasn't the only one we all know who crashed. And this one got on tape! Glad mine was slow to start this time. Sorry Mike!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9B7SuHFhxE

[attachment=10612:Mike_Cousins_Sr.jpg]