Need a bigger dyno.

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

As some of you know I do a more than chase women, post like a madman and build bad arse Dale engines. Last week I stopped by a local Diesel fuel injection shop to give some tech advise on a project and boy was it a big one. It reminds me of those huge loaders at the copper mine we saw back on the Dune trip a few years ago. Aparrently the mechanic in charge of maintenence on this bad boy forgot to install the inlet piping from filters to the turbo and this loader ran all last year with no air filter. It kind of lunched the engine but it ran for several hundred hours first in the gravel pit before it started smoking like a wiseco. No biggie just swapped in a fresh rebuilt cummins for the measly cost of $33,000 . This is the biggest loader Ive ever seen around here. Check out the turbo. Its the size of a garbage can. Good for 600+hp at 1,800rpm. But that has yet to be confirmed till we get it on the dyno.LOL

[/quote]

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

That's not a big engine. This is a big engine! My cousin used to work for Cat. It's a V16 stationary Cat diesel used in a generator application.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

OOHHH Thats looks like a stroker

MyCannibal

#4 Post by MyCannibal »

wonder if its got the z400 bearing though?

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

Theres a Generator engine a few towns away, WAY bigger then that.

One piston is probably about 3 foot diameter.

Maybe i'll get some pictures some day

r.porter

#6 Post by r.porter »

Here's the bottom end of a straight 10.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (r.porter @ Feb 26 2007, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the bottom end of a straight 10.

Ah Porter, you ruined the surprise of my dragster motor! LOL. That's a big darn motor. How long do you think it would take Timbo to stroke that baby?

Blasterboy11

#8 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Yeh, lol. It better have the aluminum impeller too. That magnesium's no good. smile.gif-
wonder if its got the z400 bearing though?

Now THIS is an engine! It must have one radical cam, lol. Hey look, its got Stage 8 head bolts too! ROFL!

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Those are a bit roomier than the horror show medium duty crap I work on. As much as a piece a junk the ford powerstrokes and 444e they are paying well into my retirement fund.LOL

Mjollnir

#10 Post by Mjollnir »

QUOTE (wistech @ Mar 3 2007, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are a bit roomier than the horror show medium duty crap I work on. As much as a piece a junk the ford powerstrokes and 444e they are paying well into my retirement fund.LOL

Hey John, we know what you think of the Powerstrokes, do you know what Ford did to change it for the new motor? Also, I'm wondering if you have experience with Duramaxes, and what you think of them...

Marc