Too Expensive!!

Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Well, I just compiled all my parts I need to order from Black Widow and lets just say the number was a little high for rebuilding 3 engines and 2 quads top to bottom w/new everything. Added that Timbo has 2 of my cranks right now, 2 heads, cylinder, ordering piston, porting, etc that I don't have a bill for yet. Plus new ASR/Fox front end and powdercoating. I just sold a quad that I traded one of my 03 Cannibals for to fash00 and so have cash to buy it all, but ****, it adds up quick.

Just an idea here. The order list for Black Widow has about an entire page of parts top to bottom, w/mulitples of most. Including aluminum impeller and such. Anyone want to buy the other 03 Cannibal when it's done being built?? laugh.gif Fresh everything!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Reuse,Recycle and renew old parts as much as you can its only way I could afford to own all the machines I have and still have some time left to ride instead of working to make $ to pay for all new stuff.Doing the pressure tests alone can save you a ton on reusing old o-rings and gaskets.Check size on old pistons if Asso probably good yet.Liners almost always are.You know what I mean.Dont cut corners but no need to waste perfectly useable stuff either.

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

That's what I'm doing. But I bought two engines in pieces and am rebuilding them. Lots of bolts and parts missing here and there. Plus wear items like bushings, bearings, etc on the quads themselves. New fuel lines too. Hoping to turn into 3 full machines and keep 1, possibly 2. Basically just buying more stuff to do as a fun hobby and my own personal enjoyment.

I should post a picture of my dining table, lol. ****, the whole living room! Nothing but quad parts in the floor everywhere and engines/parts on the table. They're taking over my life!!! lol

Brad Oakley

#4 Post by Brad Oakley »

I'm sorry that you think you feel that you must publicly bash us for having prices that you consider to be too high.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I continue to try to help.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Brad, I honestly didn't read it as a bash towards you or blackwidow. I think he was referring to the hobby he has chosen is "too expensive", in which we would all tend to agree at some point or another. Anywhoo, just my .02 on the thread, which 27 will tell you isn't worth .01. LOL

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (haydug @ Mar 1 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brad, I honestly didn't read it as a bash towards you or blackwidow. I think he was referring to the hobby he has chosen is "too expensive", in which we would all tend to agree at some point or another. Anywhoo, just my .02 on the thread, which 27 will tell you isn't worth .01. LOL

Brad I also didn't get the impression that he was bashing Blackwidow, only stating that refreshing and rebuilding machines can be a bit pricey. Maybe Phsycosis will speak up on this?

Eitherway, most everyone on this site appreciates all the help and everything you have done for this community Brad. Please keep it up! cool.gif

ozarkdaler

#7 Post by ozarkdaler »

Yeah Brad he was just implying when you are trying to build multiple quads it just seems that gets very expensive.

Brad I think I speak for everybody when I say we really appreciate you providing us parts and what you do for the community.

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

I agree, I didn't take it as a negative remark either. I know he has put a lot of money in his quads on things not bought from Black Widow as well. I'll bet Timbo's bill to him is even bigger!

blink.gif

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't read it negatively either.

MyCannibal

#10 Post by MyCannibal »

I didnt read into it that way either...