Been Awhile

Jaybr

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Someone suggested on another thread that I stop in a say hello once in awhile.

Hello.

I haven't been on the site in several months, and haven't been a daily visitor in probably a year. It's been a very busy year around here. Last spring I sold the property where we held the group rides, the wife and I decided we didn't want to build there and started looking for something different. About May we found a 37 acre parcel in the same county we lived in, and the same school district. We purchased that and built a house. Moved in at the end of Oct, and have been steadily making progress at the new place, while getting the old house ready to sell (taking deer season off from house work of course). Finally put the old house on the market around the first of March, with new paint inside and out, and new flooring throughout, house sold quick and I'm scheduled to close next week.

The new house has a huge basement, so once I get closed on the old one the work starts to finish that off. Also have a ton of landscaping work to do, did I mention that I sold my tractor when I sold the land?

I have not been riding in probably 18 months, the dale had not been started in well over a year until this week. I put a new battery and some fresh fuel in it Sunday and it fired right up. LilJbr (whose not so lil anymore) has been riding it the past few days on trails around the new place. He's considering doing some XC racing with Nrath this season and may be riding my dale.

Also changed jobs in Sept, same company just different role. That's kept me really busy as well, but fortunately I don't have to travel too much anymore.

GDITheman

#2 Post by GDITheman »

Thanks for stopping in. Good to hear your're alive and doing well.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool.Sounds like things are going great.Hope LilJayBr goes racing.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Haven't ridden in a year? WAH!! Hey Jay, glad to see you are still kicking.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

LOL...He said old timer. smile.gif

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

Cool, glad to hear from ya and that things are going well. Time to get some seat time though!

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Who is this Jaybr you speak of I remember a guy named something like that, but he disappeared in a blaze of Cannondale glory.

In all seriousness glad to hear all is well with you Jay.

yamadjs08

#8 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Apr 10 2007, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is this Jaybr you speak of I remember a guy named something like that, but he disappeared in a blaze of Cannondale glory.

In all seriousness glad to hear all is well with you Jay.

And I can barely remember that one guy named Derno, if I do recall he was the biggest post whore on the site. But again, my memory is a bit foggy...

Where ya been Derno?

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

Glad to see your still around.....and im glad your doing good.......but for godsakes man dont get old too fast.....you gotta ride.....my dad is 57 and he rides a 57hp 450r.........soo that proves your never too old to ride!!..especially fast quads biggrin.gif
Take it easy
Chad

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Jay,

You will always be considered one of the most influential people in the Cannondale rebirth after the bankruptcy. I will never forget your generosity & hospitality for everything you have done for us. The Cannondale community may not always agree, but I think your contribution to the community will never be questioned. I wish you & your wonderful family many happy times in the new digs and don't be a stranger! I will keep my eyes peeled for a street toy to revive the thunder.

Ken