Can-Am DS450...

yamadjs08

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Check out the website, not a lot of info, but towards the end of the video you can see the ds450 from a few different angles, looks to be as promising as I hoped it would. I had a feeling Can-Am would show everybody whats up... Check it out...
http://can-amds450.com

EDIT: Here are some low res, small screenshots of the video...

Blasterboy11

#2 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Whoop Dee- Doo...I think someone did that already, what was it?...5 years ago?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

It about time they did one.If they take some of thier technology from the REV snowmobile it should be very impressive.Motors are a guarantee for them.Hope its not made in China like alot of thier new stuff.

ozarkdaler

#4 Post by ozarkdaler »

I think the company has alot to offer. I know there outboard division is just kicking a$$

Blasterboy11

#5 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Bombardier can kiss my exhaust-tip...Canadian crap with big bug eyes, that 800 or 900 yellow bathtub is a waste, their sleds are dog slow, their products are ugly...id rather have Jap stuff then theirs...

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Ouch! Are you one of the many guys who had thier Yellow Sleds blow chunks this year?

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Did anyone notice the exhaust hanging from the left side? Interesting.

yamadjs08

#8 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ May 6 2007, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone notice the exhaust hanging from the left side? Interesting.

Yeah, same as their DS650.

GDITheman

#9 Post by GDITheman »

I can watch the video at work, but what is the jist of the whole thing? The newest, badest 450 to walk the earth or ...? I have heard a lot fo people excited to see the Can Am450 and I can't figure out why? Other than the DS650, what have they done that's even considered a performance quad? And why would they want to try and break into a "new" market for them when it's already crowded?

Looking at KTM and what they have to potentially offer is interesting. They are known to build badass ****. So, if they want to build a 450, they have the reputation, means and balls to build a sweet one. I'm irritated that BRP bought the Can Am name and just re-badged their old stuff. Can-Am was a pretty mean bike back in the day. ****, build a new line of mean bikes now. I think BRP is getting out of their box a bit too much and may be surprised at what the competition will be.

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

I'm wondering if this is why they have signed Chris Borich already. Supposedly he's racing for them in the WPSA Quad Terrain races. I'll bet that he's working with them on the sport quad behind the scenes.