Wrecked on my street bike

theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

On my way back home from myrtle I was following 3 other riders. A dog crossed the road and 2 bikers went by then he ran out in front of the 3rd guy, he went down and I tried to go around, but when he went down it pushed the dog further into the road and into my line of travel and I went down. I broke my colar bone and have some light road rash. Other than that I am fine, the biek is just a little scraped up on the right side, and I think I hit the left mirror with my body because that is broken.

I actually remember watching the rode in front of my face when I got these scratches on my helemt

Probably going 40ish when I hit the dog and I rode the tank till the bike fell over so I am thinking 30ish when I hit and I rolled 2 complete times before I got to the grass where I just slid.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

**** I am glad I always wear a helmet. Good thing you were wearing yours. Sorry bout the bad luck.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

You are smart in wearing a helmet. We have no helmet law in Utah.. Nice bike!! I love RC51's..

Sleep in a recliner for the next 10 days. You can use your feet to help you get out of the chair..

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Ouch!Glad your all right though.Collarbone heals quick just be sure to use that strap and make a effort to keep straight posture so it heals as good a position as possible.Dont bother fixing the bike.Little road rash on it doesnt hurt anything.Scary stuff.Was your buddy allright?Hows the dog?

Fash00

#5 Post by Fash00 »

Been there done that a few times. Road Rash sucks. Hope ya heal up quick. PM me more info on 12 hr race

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

Owee! Does that road rash feel as if it's on fire yet? I hate that part. That's why I always wear gear. If it's too hot for gear, then it's too hot to ride.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Rash isn't bad at all, couldn't shower for 2 days because of the colar bone so the rash was fine for the first shower. the other guy had a broken wrist some road rash and a concussion. dog is dead, and if it wasn't I would have killed it. I will be fixing the bike, I do not like people to know it has went down especially with the stereo type 20 year olds get on liter bikes. I am a very good rider and anyone I ride with will say the same thing.

quadracer500

#8 Post by quadracer500 »

did you contact the dogs owner, if not a stray , up here in ohio i hit a dog with my car and come to find out the dogs owner was responsible for the damage. my insurance agent let me know.

ozarkdaler

#9 Post by ozarkdaler »

yep that goes for pets and livestock owned by an individual. It is there responsibility to keep there animals in a safe and controlled area such as a fence, leash, barn, etc.... The owner would be responsible for covering the damage through personal payment or some other insurance. Home owners insurance will sometimes foot the bill as well. Isn't the law great lol....

theJeStEr1340

#10 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Dog was a stray