AtK's on Ebay.

UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

It is difficult to figure out just what an ATK is from the "factory" these days. I think the 2007 on ebay right now is what you get for your money. There are only two pics, but from those pics, it looks like you get an HMF exhaust, not the titanium fmf, american star a-arms, and fox shocks. I don't think those are magnesium hubs anymore.

There is a 2005 on there now too, that has the hmf pipe on it also. I really don't think it is titanium as claimed. The hubs do look like the old red moto magnesium. I have seen a 2005 atk that did come with the titanium exhaust. I guess they are using the good stuff until it is gone.

Does anyone else out there have a 2005,2006, or 2007 ATK MX? I'm very curiuos how they came equipped from the "factory". I have the 2005 VR, and that is just a re-badged 2003 cannibal. Anyone have a 2007 ATK VR? Any changes to it? There must be some out there!!!

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Yep the 2007 on ebay right now is at a dealer in West Burlington, Iowa. Only ATK dealer in Iowa, one of the few old Cannondale dealers in Iowa. They used to be big on racing Cannondales, would show up at local MX races with big trailer full of Cannondales and just clean house... They still do engine work I believe and still have an assortment of parts, but nothing cool like banners or old Cannondale clothing, I've already checked that out LOL.

And I'm assuming every ATK is different, using what they have and piecing together what they don't... Probably aren't too many of them that are exactly the same... It's really a shame... I wish somebody with some motivation would have bought Cannondale...

#13atk

#3 Post by #13atk »

I have an 05 450mx and it has ASR arms with triple rate ohlins and the FMF Ti pipe with the red hubs.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (#13atk @ May 17 2007, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an 05 450mx and it has ASR arms with triple rate ohlins and the FMF Ti pipe with the red hubs.

Thats interesting. The 2005 Atk mx I saw still had the old moto a arms and ti pipe and magnesium hubs. So, I guess that brings me to the next question. Since there are so many variables when it comes to these quads, what will they do at the nationals (or local race) if you tried to run one in the stock class and someone protested you? For your "aftermarket" exhaust for example? What would they refer to to check on your "stockness"? Would they look at a sales brochure? Call Frank White? Check the website? I don't know. Anybody know?

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

I don't remember where I came across this but I believe Ryan Costello was contested last year. They had to contact Frank and he had to verify what was on Ryan's quad was considered stock.

May have came up in one of my conversations with Frank. But don't quote me on that for sure.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

I live 20 miles from ATK. I haven't seen one bike or quad ever at the dunes. I don't think they're selling much of anything..

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ May 17 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live 20 miles from ATK. I haven't seen one bike or quad ever at the dunes. I don't think they're selling much of anything..

Do they even sell enough units to be elligible for the stock production class? Or whatever it is called? I seem to remember a minimun number of units for sale in all the ama districts or something like that.

cobradaler

#8 Post by cobradaler »

i help part out aguys 05 atk and it had a sticker over the 03 cannondale that said 05 atk kinda funny thats all they did.

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

They go through the motor so it's just not the stickerd vin.. They don't use the Z400 bearing in new unsold Dales. Frank is Cheap and brainwashed..

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ May 17 2007, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They go through the motor so it's just not the stickerd vin.. They don't use the Z400 bearing in new unsold Dales. Frank is Cheap and brainwashed..

Who brain washed him, and why?