Cannondales at big international race in France ???

SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

Someone I know went to a big international quad race in France. He saw about 5 Cannondales there.

Does anyone know who they are ?

He also claimed that those Cannondales were rather slow and could barely handle the uphill sections of the track...

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Hope we get some coverage.Do you know the events name?They must not be members here or they would surely not have been slow.Maybe they were just afraid of going airborne at top of hill!

wayneschofield

#3 Post by wayneschofield »

It's called 'Point du Vaux'. It's a proper international endurance event. It's possibly the biggest quad race in the world.

A company just 30 mins from me, 'ATV World' in Leeds, usually win it with either a YFZ450 or a Banshee. They tend to enter about four or five fully 'Built' quads with pro riders. They Use Elka shox ('cause they're a sponsor) and Duncan motors (again, a sponsor). They are a really no-expense spared kind of job, you name it- if it's worth having- they have it.

They tend to have 20+ litre tanks, which might be where the 'Dale falls down a bit- in the more frequent pit stops.

The 'Dale's are very unlikey to have any kind of dealer support of course, so would likely just be amatuer riders paying for everything themselves. Like in any form of racing, the 'Club' level guys are nowhere near as fast as the Pros who can have the best, practice and practice, and test plenty for the best setup.

To say cannondales where 'nowhere' isn't exactly fair then is it?

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

No, it was not the Point du Vaux race. It was not an endurance race.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Wonder if they got the quads from Frank White.... lol.... (sorry... lame joke)

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

You said it not me laugh.gif read my mind though.